Please help.

Posted , 8 users are following.

So for the past week I've been having issues. On sunday I started to feel I may have the onset of a UTI so I went to the doctor Monday. They tested me for uti and said I didn't have one. Did a pap and various other tests and said I had BV. I had never heard of this and asked them what the symptoms were they said that odor and discharge should be my only symtoms I don't have either. My pain isn't really in my blatter its in my urethra from what it feels like. However it doesn't only hurt to pee it hurts constantly. At first they put me on metronidazole oral and it made me sick so they tried metro gel and bactim incase I did have a uti. I've been taking the bactrim for 24 hours now and the metro gel for 2 days and everything seems to be getting worse. I've never experienced anything like this before. I missed a whole week of work ill be lucky if I still have a job. Any information on this subject will help. I went to the doctor again today and she didn't take me serious at all. I'm in constant pain and don't know where to go from.here.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

So its been a month now with no relief and I'm really starting to get depressed.

I've recently seen a urologist and she says my symptoms are related to something going on with my vagina and its irritating my urethra. I've been to multiple doctors and they can't find anything all urine and culture tests come back negative. I did test positive for cervical HPV but the doctors are saying the symptoms I'm having aren't related to that... I can't sleep, I'm starting to get anxiety all the time that I will have to live this way forever... Any information would be appreciated thanks.

• Posted

Its been a month now with no relief and im starting to get extremely depressed. I've recently seen a urologist who said she thinks something is going on with ny vagina and its causing my urethra to become irritated. Ive seen mutiple doctors and all urine and culture tests come back negative. I did test positive for cervical hpv but two different doctors said this is not.whats causing my symptoms. I'm getting anxiety all the time from this im so scared it will be like forever. Any info would be awesome thanks

• Posted

Hi Dani! I really hope you're still here and see this. Did you ever get answers? I'm currently going thru the exact same thing as you. I don't know what to do and I'm in so much pain. My pain also involves my clitoris. I, and I believe you did too, suffered an allergic reaction to the Metronidazole gel. If you see this, PLEASE let me know how you're doing. I pray you healed fully. I pray I do too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.