please help!!

Posted , 24 users are following.

i have had thredworms for a few months now and i dont know what to do!

i really cant tell my parents! so i need a way i can get rid of them at home, ill try just about anything, i think i have it really bad, somthimes theres heaps like 20-30 at one time i dont know what to do, please some one help! please reply some one

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Me,

hello I have the same problem except it is not 20 at a time and I have only had them for about 6 days. But I do not want to tell my dad. Mostly because I am a girl and my mom passed away so I would like to talk to more of a women figure then a man. But I want to just let you know you are not alone and that you will get better. You should eat a lot of garlic. I ate some garlic not straight out of a clove, I ordered garlic Parmesan wings and that worked for about a day but I guess a clove would work. Also when you go to restaurants order water with a lemon slice. If you need someone to talk to and just say things about it you can always say something to me. It might sound weird since you don't know me but if it helps I won't be discussed or grossed out I will listen.

• Posted

Hi, I'm ell a and I have them too :-( I heard that once you have them you can never 100% get rid of them that's what made me cry I have yet to tell my mum but I think I'm gonna do it like think ' Mum why does my bum always itch at night, it's really annoying' maybe she will know what it means. I cry more when I look at the web sights about them then I do when they come out, am I the only one who when I go the worms are in there and alive???!!!

• Posted

Hi I'm alfie and I'm 10 I have the same prob

But I can't tell my mum so what do I do??

I'm so embarrassed to tell her

PLZ HELP!!!!

• Posted

Hello i am having the same thing, what you should do is wash your bedding/sheets everyday and when you wake up have a hot shower and wash your area to get rid of the eggs that were laid that night if you do this it deystroys the eggs so no mire can hatch
  • Posted

Dear "me" 

I totally understand what you are going through I have threadworms too. I'm to ashamed to tell my parents because I am deadly afraid that they will disown me which I know is a total overreaction. However if I don't tell them they are going to get it as well and then they will realise it's probably from me and then they will hate me. 

Sorry if this makes you feel worse. 

P.s. my threadworms are causing me to be in a lot of pain. 

• Posted

To anyone still suffering,you should go to a pharmacist and tell them that you need the medicine (you can say that it's your sibling or something if it's embarrassing). But you should probably tell your parents. I know that it's awkward in the moment but after the worms are gone you won't have to deal with them anymore and your parents will forget about it. Your parents literally everything about you so telling them that you have pinworms is not even a big deal. Most people have had them once in their life. (P.S eat garlic to speed up the process of getting rid of the worms).

• Posted

I'm 11, and this is my first time having them. I told my mum and dad, and we will clean our bedding and take a tablet in two days. However, I have and embarrassing fear...? I'm scared of having a poo in case I see them, and I know it's stupid, but what do I do? I can't tell my parents that.

• Posted

Also, it's sorta a big problem for me because now I'm in pain. And is it true they stay? Also feel free to tell me anything because even though we're strangers, you seem familiar to me. Oh well, I'm paranoid I think anyway so bye.

• Posted

I’m suffering from the same thing! A couple of years ago when I was like 9 (I’m 13 now) I saw a wriggling thing in my poo, it never happened again. Well at least not until last night when a peed and on my toilet paper there was 2 of those wriggling worms! I was so disgusted, I was too scared too pee - so I didn’t for 11 hours. I couldn’t hold on any longer but when I did there was no more worms, I haven’t had them since last night but I need some medicine and I tried to tell my mum but I’m just too embarrassed. Also my brother is 11 and we have to use the same bathroom - could that have caused it? Someone pls help me!
  • Posted

Hey, im stuggling with this problem as well. I’ve had these threadworms for awhile but I’m so embarrassed to tell my mother because she will be mad. I know everyone keeps just saying to tell her but I’m way to scared to.  I need a different way to get rid of them instead of going to the doctor. Also how do you even get worms??? Because it’s not cause I’m not a clean person of something, I’m very clean so... how does this work??? I haven’t been sleeping at all lately because of the worms and lots come out sometimes and there is lots in my poop as well and it really creeps me out... HELP!!! Pleaseee 
    • Posted

Hello,

Just to reassure you somewhat, it isn't always about being unclean, at least not on your end. All it takes is for an infected person to contaminate a surface, you eat a sandwich and don't wash your hands prior and bam you're infected, I'm pretty sure most people don't wash their hands before eating. After using the bathroom sure (hopefully) but by this knowledge everyone is at risk it's just no one wants to talk about it.  Doesn't lessen the blow though I understand.  But honestly the only thing you can do is come clean because your mother and any other household members will need to be treated aswell. Otherwise you'll end up going round in circles. Alongside changing bedding and laundry. Assuming your mother is the on hand with the domestic side of  things she will need to be aware so that anti worm protocol can take place. I'm sure she will find it a tad suspicious if you suddenly decide to take to doing all the cleaning. Easier to just tell her off the bat, less  stressful than keeping secrets for months on end. Once you tell her it's out there, and you can get it sorted together rather than keeping it bottled up and getting increasingly anxious and depressed.  As worms are so common in children you may have already had them as a small child and not remember, so your parents may have already treated you for it before so they may not be as surprised as you think. 

Good luck!

• Posted

hey, I am 17 (girl) but was 14 when i first got them and they kept going and comin back without me really treating them. but recently they have been real bad so i want to go to my doctor without my mum to get medicine. because i am under 18 will they give it to me without my parents there as i can not tell my mum. many thanks.

• Posted

this was 13 years ago,

i hope you got them treated.

• Posted

Dear "Me" and every child, young person or adult in this page.

When I was eight years old I had thread worms. I can't remember how this was for but they eventually never came back.

The thread worms were not what was harmful or shameful. What I needed to change was opening up to a trusted parent or adult about how I was feeling at the time. What I wish someone told me was that I as a child deserved to be listened to and helped. Noone cares if you have some yucky worms because you can never be yucky! You are so valuable and important. So tell someone so they an help you feel better. Your mum, dad granny, Foster parent, auntie, uncle whoever have wiped poo and all sorts off you for years because they wanted to see you happy and healthy. This will never change because this is their love for you. This love never changes. God bless. If you need help telling them shoe them this post and tell them I feel sad, help

All my love, J

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.