Please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

My husband has had an awful cough for over 3 months which we all had for a long time but not this long. He is wheezing and coughing up small amounts of blood in the morning for about a month. He has a very hard job working in a warehouse lifting all day. He is 33 years old. Iv done the most awful thing and googled and I'm convinced he has lung cancer. The blood is bright red

We went to drs this morning had he has been put on heavy tablets and we went for a chest X-ray. We are in the uk.

Has anyone had these same symptoms at all

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It matters little whether anyone else has had these symptoms. Even if someone had, they may not have had the same condition. It does matter that you are getting appropriate treatment and your husband recovers soon. I do not understand the expression 'heavy tablets' . 

There re are a number of reasons for symptoms such as this and it is unlikely to be lung cancer. You have not said whether there are any follow-up appointments planned but do keep on top of the symptoms and do not hesitate to seek further medical help if the symptoms do not improve and you remain worried.

• Posted

I'm sorry that your husband is experiencing these symptoms. But they could be caused by many things, including the environment in your home or where he works.  So, you did well by going to the doctor to get him treatment.  

Please try not to imagine the worst!  Best of luck to you both!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.