Please help! Are these HPV warts?

Posted , 19 users are following.

I am 24 weeks pregnant and noticed these a week ago. First I noticed growth on my clit and didn't think much of it... maybe a skin tag or something. Many weird things happen to the body while pregnant. Then I noticed another growth above my clit and third on a side, labia minora. Then I decided to check the inside and found these white bumps on the entrance to my vagina that looks completely different from those growths outside. They are not painful or itchy. I have noticed an increased white odorless discharge but I think that’s normal in pregnancy. I did burn the top one with ACV it took 2-3 times 5-10 minutes a session. Now working on the other 2 and they are almost gone but the thing is that the skin that came in contact with the ACV gets white not just those growths. They also didn't turn black after ACV, they are just coming off. But I obviously won't put the ACV on the inside white bumps. My husband does not have any bumps at all. I have an appointment with my OB/GYN in one week but going crazy now. Please help with any info. Much appreciated!

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Edited

it looks like VP

• Posted

Thank you for your reply! That would actually be amazing news if you were right! But they are not exactly symmetrical. The top one was soft, other two are pretty hard to the touch and those white bumps in my vagina look nothing like VP or do they?

• Edited

Dear alli,

I would agree with jess, these are genital warts. HPV infection can be asymptomatic and pregnancy can occasionally reveal this with apparently 'new' genital warts appearing. In all probability, you were infected with HPV before you became pregnant.

Managing warts in pregnancy requires medical supervision as first-line treatment is cryotherapy. Warticon and Aldara are contra-indicated. The aim is to minimise the growth of the warts, not to eradicate it. In the majority of women with genital warts, vaginal delivery is fine. And in any case, the warts tend to resolve spontaneously after birth, once your immunity recovers.

BTW, I wouldn't bother applying aciclovir cream. It is not effective against HPV infection.

Rgds,

Adhari.

• Edited

I will still insist on biopsy and let you guys know the results after I know for sure. Maybe that will help someone. I still have a tiny naive hope that it's something else since I've been with my husband for a very very long time and I'm absolutely sure he never cheated.

• Edited

Alli,

I would not recommend an unnecessary biopsy in pregnancy. Bleeding is a significant problem because of increased pelvic blood flow and clotting is also affected. As I've alluded, the problem is HPV persistence and not infidelity. You could have been infected by HPV from your current partner the first time you had sex with him, but in your case the infection has not completely cleared and pregnancy has simply revealed this.

Adhari

• Edited

I talked on the phone with my family doctor and she said that by my explanation it sounds like warts. Today I had an appointment with my OB/GYN and he just kinda disregarded it and said he doesn't think these are hpv warts. We've decided not to do biopsy and see what happens to it in a month when I have my next appointment. I don’t know what to think. I am still convinced these are warts. Even though I would be thrilled to know for sure they are not and just some pregnancy skin condition.

• Posted

Alli,

I think you should ask for a second opinion! I don't have an axe to grind with the medical profession (only incompetent members), but I can reassure you 100% that these are genital warts. If he plans to see you in a month take photos over this period and show him the 'baseline' photos and compare them with later photos. The development of NEW warty lesions will be highly significant and he would be very hard pressed to brush these aside- make a note of new lesions if they appear.

Adhari

• Posted

Thank you! Really appreciate your time!

• Posted

Im not a doctor but it looks like it could 100% be genital warts.I had gotten a bump before I was worried but I found it it was molluscum which can last for years I never heard of it ever.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.