Please help! Going out of my mind what this could be...

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was having stomach pain about two weeks ago and got admitted to hospital because of it. They found no reason for the pain after an ultrasound and endoscopy of my stomach. 

I also had dirrahea for a couple of days and then nothing for about 5 days (went to the bathroom and pooped fine) went another few days and had a small amount of blood when I wiped now a week later I done another poo and I haven't stopped bleeding for about 4 hours! The toilet paper was soaked and I had a shower and cleaned myself up but was quickly recovered in blood. 

I know I should go to the hospital but could it be something as simple as piles or a anal fissure? I don't understand why I have had the stomach pain, on off dirrahea then constipation and no explanation from the doctors except "maybe" gastritis. 

It's such an awkward thing to talk about so I would just like some reassurance from someone online! 

Please and thanks in advance. 

0 likes, 90 replies

90 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You have answered your own question.  It sounds like you are bleeding quite a lot although even a little blood can look a lot. You really need to get this checked out as whatever it is you need it sorted.

Take care and keep in touch.

• Posted

Hi Jill I would definately go to hospital this shouldn't be happening if you are losing lot of blood you need it checked out ASAP good luck n keep us posted x

• Posted

Thank you both for your replies. I know this sounds bad but I didn't go to the hospital as last time I did I got admitted for a few days and had a week and a half off work. I only went back 2 days ago and I wouldn't be able to take more sick leave from work. 

I went to bed and the bleeding slowed down a lot over night to just a little bit when wiped. Trying not to aggravate it but if it starts up again I will head to the hospital because at the end of the day health is more important! I'm also already iron deficient so I know I should definitely get it looked at. 

• Posted

You are right, nothing is more important than your health.  The hospital would not keep you in unless absoultely necessary.  Whatever the reason you for being unable to take further sick leave (if needed) you know you need to get this sorted.

Take care of yourself and please keep in touch.

• Posted

I know what it feels like to be scared of finding out whats wrong it is worrying. And also know how you end up feeling that you can't take more time off work it's a horrible scenario. I felt like you do. But then I sat n thought that my health is far more important than any job out there. As I took lot of time off work and felt guilty. You look after yourself and please put yourself first x

• Posted

Thank you both for your lovely replies smile I ended up going back to the hospital as the bleeding hadn't exactly stopped. It had slowed but hadn't stopped. 

Luckily it's "just" hemmorhoids but I also don't have a reason as to why I am constipated, have stomach pain etc. they aren't just treating the fact I got hemmorhoids and dismissing the fact I Have been constipated for 2 weeks. 

I'm going to try stress less and definitely take time off work if needed. I work in a pretty stressful environment so it might be I wonder I am sick. 

• Posted

If you ever get the chance book yourself a rheki session it's very good for stress n helps calm the mind  xx

• Posted

Thanks for keeping in touch. I am really pleased you went to the hospital and know what is causing the bleeding. Regards your constipation this can cause all sort of symptoms like trapped wind, abdominal pain etc. You need to increase you fruit and vegetable consumption and drink at least two litres of water a day and in a few days that should help.

I suffer from health anxiety and every pain, soreness etc. is always something serious, that is until I have been to the doctors or seen a consultant to put my mind at rest. Don't be like me, you and go through life fearing the worse, find a way to de-stress because stress is the worse possible thing for anyone.

Take care of yourself and keep in touch.

• Posted

Thank you royalty! That could be the thing I need to destress. 

I had the stomach pain before the constipation so I don't think it's the constipation causing he pain but who knows. I'm sorry about your health anxiety that sounds awful. I have to say I probably do get a little bit of health anxiety after multiple health issues over the past twelve months (along side usual anxiety). I am going to try not to worry. 

The doctor told me to take movical 

• Posted

Woops hit send. 

Told me to take movical but I don't feel it's working? I am still not pooping and getting a lot of liquid over the past few days. Not sure if I should stop taking it. I just thought it was meant to soften stools not give me liquid! 

• Posted

Update... 

Movical did nothing at all and Doctor thinks it was too much to take so got given coloxyl with senna which hasn't done anything so far either. Doc said give it a week and if nothing happens I have a referral for a colonoscopy. Just so unsure as to what all this means. 

• Posted

I'm waiting for results of my scan which was done three days ago I just keep thinking I've got pancreatis horrible thought but trying to keep positive x

• Posted

How did this go? Did you get your results? Hope all is okay smile 
    • Posted

Hi I was in a lot of pain when had scan done I'm still waiting for results I'm in agony over on left side bloated and all under rib very sore it's now affected left arm and right shoulder and arm I'm praying I get results in next few days 

• Posted

Oh that sounds so awful you poor thing. I hope you get the results soon! Please let me know how you go. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.