Please help! I don't know what to do!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello and thank you to those of you who take the time to read this. I have posted on here before but yesterday I was left feeling like an absolute idiot by a GP and I would really appreciate some advice.

A brief history of me!!

I was married very young into the army and had a baby. At 18 I was living in Germany. I managed to contract viral meningitis and upon recovery I was prescribed anti depressants. I went on to have a miscarriage, then find out at my next pregnancy that my baby girl had a rare lung condition. We were immediately posted back to England. Chloe was born at great Ormand street hospital. We came very close to losing her. At three yrs old she had 3 quarters of a lung removed. Not long after that my husband had an affair with my friend and left me and my two girls.

I'm not looking for sympathy by telling you all of this, I've just been told stress can contribute to fibromyalgia. This is just the tip of the ice berg but I won't bore you.

Fast forwarding to now I've suffer with tension headache, IBS, abdominal pain and I'm still on a high dose of anti depressants.

3 months ago I slipped a disc in my back. After an MRI they also discovered a complex cyst on my ovary for which I was referred straight away to a cancer clinic. Cutting a long story short I'm relieved I have not got cancer. However for some weeks now I've suffered with flu like symptoms, agony in my joints, numbness, sweating, shivers, pins and needles, extreme tiredness and fatigue, heaviness in my limbs etc etc. I had not heard of fib until someone on here thought that's what it could be.

Anyway I've been in and out of the doctors, prescribed pain medication as they thought it could be my back causing problems, I've been referred to the pelvic pain clinic, told it could be the IBS causing various symptoms so given laxido. Feeling like I was getting no where. The only way I was functioning was when i was drugged up to the eyeballs on pain killers.

Yesterday I was at the end of my rope and feeling all of those symptoms X 100. My mum insisted I need answers and to call docs again!!'

I felt so humiliated. He basically told me there is nothing wrong with me. All tests (bloods) have come back normal. He said my body for some reason is reacting to pain a lot more than others. He asked me if I'd thought about hurting or killing myself ( I think because I was crying) I explained I was crying because I am frustrated and sick of feeling this way!!

He totally bipassed when I mentioned fib!!

He upped my dose of gabapentin and that was that until I have an appointment with my so called GP next week ( I rarely see her, she doesn't know me).

I feel so defeated, upset and alone and like I'm an absolute nutter. These pains are real and they're ruining my life. I'm supposed to be starting uni in Sep ( a mature student) ironically to begin a nursing degree. I just can't see it happening. I've been signed off work now (I'm a carer) for two months!

I'm so sorry for droning on I just don't know what to do!!

Thankyou for reading

Best wishes

Vicky xxx

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Can you find another Dr's office to go to? You also should see a Rheumatologist. 
  • Posted

Most of us can relate to you, and I totally get you, I'm at my lowest with it at the moment and totally frustrated with the lack of assistance from doctors in general, all I can say is hang in there, you can only go up from here. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.