Please help me I'm killing myself

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all,

I desperately need help. I have been drinking too much for 8 years now but the last year that has escalated.

Probably 50-70 units a week.

I have admitted my problem to the GP, they did blood tests which showed my liver wasn't very happy with me but not serious...yet.

They have referred me for a scan as a double check.

The problem is I have this sharp pain under my left ribs which comes and goes from googling I'm thinking maybe pancreas? It's worse after drinking and eating junk food. It's makes me worry there's a serious issue but the scan might help pick something up altho I have to wait until January for that.

My GP has refered me to the alcohol clinic near me and I have been assessed etc.

The problem is I'm not sure what help they can be, I have spoken with them about things to do to try and stop the drinking etc but not much else.

They have refered me to a health and fitness woman who I see in January too.

I binged last night, 1/2 bottle of wine and half a bottle of vodka and am laying here in bed still at midday feeling sorry for myself and pretty damn ill.

I have been put on blood pressure medication because the drinking has made it high (im only 37) but the side effects have made me feel so ill also.

Yesterday the nurse said I have a kidney infection so I'm also on antibiotics.

Over the last year I've had upward of 10 viral infections mainly upper respiratory/ears/throat etc.

It's been a crap crap year:-(

I need help and it can't come quick enough but I have no idea how anyone can help me stop or how I can help myself.

I have looked into the sinclair method and did purchase some tablets but they were horrendously expensive and gave me bad side effects also. I am thinking of trying the American version? But am unsure where to get them as the GP has never heard of it being used to treat alcoholics!

Please can anyone help me I can almost feel myself dying a slow death over this last year and I'm so sick of feeling sick. It's ruining me and I can only hope no permanent damage has been done although the sharp pains I get worry me a lotsad

Thank you

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Natalie.  Realising how serious your drinking has become, is a major step in the right direction.  It can be a long, hard road to recovery.  I have been there... way too long.

I wish you great success with the medication etc.

I don't want to die, but I know that alcohol will kill me, if I don't stop, completely. You are 37. You can sort your life out. I am 61 and afraid that I may run out of chances.

Try to be strong enough to win the battle !

I wish you well.

Alonangel🎇

• Posted

The GP gave me a months worth of naltrexone she said it's normally for heroin addicts but I showed her a lot of information and she looked it up.

The alcohol clinic has not offered me medication or rehab. Pretty sure I'm not deemed bad enough for that as I drink mainly evenings and not every day.

But when I drink, I drink! Until I black out.

No self control over it.

The clinic have only.offered self motivation tips, a referral to a health and wellness lady and that's it so far.

The clinic lumps everyone together and sitting next to people off their head on heroin is a sobering experience whilst I wait for my.appointments.

AA I tried and I was the only woman there making me.feel a bit uneasy.

• Posted

Oh Natalie, it is so hard to find the right way, for yourself.  I tried AA several years ago, first time my son went with me, for support. Second time, my daughter went with me, for support.  Third time, I went on my own.....two men ... looking at each other, then at me...  I felt uneasy, sick !  The lady who would have been my sponsor /helper person said that there were,"Ladies Only", Meetings, but I was totally put off. I never went back. 

I know that I am not the ugliest girl on the block... so to speak, BUT, I am getting on in years and have several health problems. I could not believe the situation that I found myself in.

A man would not have such problems, I think.

Anyway, put it all behind you. Move on... and CONQUER!

All Good Wishes,

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

I didn't know they did women only ones no one mentioned that to me!

I can't get my.tabkets until after Xmas so I think I'm going to start on 1st of Jan!

I'm going to write a blog somewhere and keep a drinking log so I can see how it goes.

If this works for me it will be like a revelation and I want to be able to help other people.

My partner also drinks too much we have found each other because we have such similar trauma in our past causing the drink !

He's going to try too and is seeing a counsellor.

So many people are suffering silently with additions. It's so sad.

• Posted

Maybe the Women Only ones are only available in certain areas, I don't know.  I hope all goes really well for you and your partner, in stopping drinking.

Hopefully, 2017 will be the " Year Of Success", for all of us... wouldn't that be wonderful.

Alonangel🎇

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.