Please help me I'm so desperate :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

please can someone help me! I've been losing hair for 2 years and am so scared now.

i had m tsh tested 2 years ago which was 2.14 then one year ago it was 1.1 6 weeks ago 2.1 and today 1.75

my free t3 is 4.3 and my t4 is 13.3

is this something to be concerned about? Please help x

1 like, 63 replies

63 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Abby, I've just looked up Inositol and I can understand why you've been taking it as some of its uses are to promote hair growth and help depression. I too think you need to persevere with your GP (or another one at the same practice if you can) as a different GP might be have different suggestions. It might be that the iron tablets you're on don't suit you. Or the Iinotsol may be interacting with them. Has your doctor tested your vitamin and mineral levels? Basic ones to check are vitamin D, the vitamin B's, E, potassium, magnesium, selenium etc. Yaking a photograph is a good idea.
    • Posted

Barbara

I think the problem lies with the dose of Iinotsol that is being taken plus the fact that it is being taken with a prescribed drug that is iron and that the dr is unaware of this!

Jean

• Posted

Ok, I didn't press REPLY but it sent it anyway!

Do tell your doctor the symptoms you've listed here. Sometimes I write things down and give it to my doctor. That might be a good idea for you. Ring your GP on monday and make an 'emergency' appointment for that day - having diarrhoea for several days is a good reason. In the meantime drink 7-8 x 250ml glasses of water a day, and have no alcohol as it doesn't sound like your body can tolerate it. It may be something as simple as being deficient in certain vitamins and minerals. In the meantime do you like porridge? Oats are a good source of vitamin Bs. Which is good for depression. Instead of getting despondent think of this as a puzzle you have to solve. It took me 20 years to work out what was wrong with me (I'm not converting T4 to T3, so the thyroid medication I was being given wasn't having any effect). Hopefully it won't take you this long! Keep going to the GP until you get it resolved. Doctors don't know something isn't working unless you tell them!

• Posted

Hi Barbara thankyou so much for replying and caring as know one seems to so far! What were your results to show the poor conversion from t4 to t3? I just feel for me t4 at 13 from a scale of 12-24 is very low! What do you think? My doctor thinks this is normal. I have had a lot of porridge doesn't help! My gp won't help me with throid he thinks all results are normal. Could this be pituatory? I am seing my naturpath on Thursday and planning to get all of my vitamins tested iwill have to pay a fortune but I am

Very willing as my life right now is rock bottom I am very depressed! And know one will help me.

• Posted

Abby

We will help you. You need to see your dr about the Inostil that you have been taking at that enormous dose. You also took iron.

ctor Please trust me when I advise you to see a dr or ring up the out of hours doctor.

• Posted

Abby You will be all right.

Please see your dr about the iron tablets and the Inostil.

Get that sorted out then see how you feel.

Jean

• Posted

Il speak to my doctor about the iron but he doesn't seem to know about it! I

May stop

All

For 2 weeks and see if shedding goes down. This is such a trial and error all I want to do is shave my head !!

• Posted

Hi Abby

You need to tell him about the Inostil especially as you are taking way , way above the recommended dose.

Combining the two is not a good idea.

Why don't you ring 111 and ask them for advice and that can they re direct you to the nearest out of hours to where you live? 

I feel sure they will help you.Jean

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.