Please help me to see the Plus sides of BiPolar

Posted , 7 users are following.

Seems to be all negatives

There must be some plus points

Perhaps when we are feeling MANIC ?

All the creative brilliance that you can read about which is common with bipolar

Maybe you've made new friends ?

Or tried something different ?

THERE MUST BE SOME POSITIVES

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes this is true.. I get quite talented when manic..but it has its down side , it always costs alot of money because it becomes obsessional. What are your experiences of this Mariish.?
    • Posted

I can't concentrate well at the moment

but

The positives ? From my extended 15 Mad Psychotic Manic episode :

?? Made lots of friends, on forums and a few in real life too.

?? Reconnected with a friend I've not spoken to in 15 years... Turns out that he's suffering from serious Depression.

?? Experimented with Sexuality. Did things I've never done before, and I now know how to connect with potential partners.

?? Very creative with work, new ideas, but difficult to maintain.

?? And how to be assertive with those in power in a positive way.

?? Learned how to use social networking.

Self taught myself Technology skills.

?? Bought lots of new clothes. Very colourful.

?? bought lots of Gadgets.

?? Learnt a lot about BiPolar. Explains my whole life really. I thought I was just a moody old grouch, it turns out that my behaviour was due to a chemical imbalance.

?? Learnt how to self/medicate. In the most cost effective and efficient ways.

?? Learnt about coping strategies.

?? Opened up my mind to endless possibilities.

?? Learnt to go for a walk and maybe coffe, some days.

And so it goes on I can probably keep on this list until tomorrow

Cheers all

??????????????????????????????????

Who wouldn't want to be BiPolar. ??

• Posted

Wow that's some going Mariish ?? tired me out reading it ??if only it could always be like that hey ?? have you had a good sleep yet?

• Posted

Sharon, Thank you for remembering me.

I'm great. am sleeping much better for the last two nights.

6 and a half and about 5 and a half hours, plus sleeping in the day, which is totally different from the 2.5 hours for 15 weeks sad

I should be in Hell right now, but I'm cheating with my self-medicating.

Hope I can maintain it.

• Posted

How can I not Mariish ?? I luv reading your manic episodes ..you make me giggle ?? your me to a T makes me feel normal.. lonely place this at times. You can brighten up my day . Just be careful now ey!! We both no far to well what's about to happen.. so don't be going underground ?? ????

• Posted

Ha  Ha

You made me really Happy smile  biggrin  biggrin  biggrin  biggrin  biggrin

That I could make you Smile.

I've lost ALL my WhatsApp friends today/

I guess sending like, over 200 messages to them, each one with copy and pasted, phrases on, so probably 200 phrases in every messsage ...... Ha Ha

They complained that I blocked up their WhatsApp Ha Ha

Ha Ha

T

h

e

y

WILL COME BACK

Given time ????

And if not, then no problem, cos I'm fantastic Company and can easy find new friends.

Not proper friends, anyway, if theyy BLOCK me knowing I am BiPolar,,,,,

It's not my fault, it's the chemical imbalance in my Brain..

Good night all, and GOOD MORNING to you on the DARK side of the Atlantic

Mariish

XXrolleyesrolleyesrolleyescrycrycryrolleyesrolleyesrolleyes

• Posted

😂😂😂😂😂😉😉 I look like a nutter here laughing me head off .. your priceless .. you get a good sleep now.. I will look out for u xx
    • Posted

S

O

R

R

Y

Mods gave ???????? my post.

I haven't got a clue why they've done that.

No

Bad language

No threats to kill myself

Nothing that could be seen as a Trigger

So

W

H

Y

????????????????????????

??????????

????

??

?????

??

????? ?????

• Posted

Annoys the poop out of me that.. kept doing it to me last week 👊👊 u ok ??? Xx
  • Posted

Hopefully you can find support from family or friends to nuture your hidden gifts. These gifts are a bit like sunshine, now and then a big black cloud hides them, but there still there.

• Posted

There are things you can do to ecpress yourself without it costiing a fortune. Go to charity shops buy up old beads n necklaces, tube of glue and make your own artwork....or even better your own jewellery. You dont need all the fancy equipment just some fuse wire and some hook n eyes.

Try patchwork.......cheap but time consuming.

My Son suffers with Bipolar and has spent thousands of pounds over the years on gadgets but when in hospital recently he turned out lovely expressive drawings. Wish i could give him same advice.

• Posted

You cant just do.. you go where your mind takes you .. mine is never a charity shop.. I cnt touch things others have worn .. I can't deal with smells that belong to the items . Makes me cringe just saying it. Beads are cheap enough on ebay thankfully ??

• Posted

I didnt mean to offend. You can tell im a Mom of a Bipolar sufferer, not the sufferer. Your comment has helped me understand a bit more. One thing though, my Son has been given a "grant" by the authority to use at either a leisure centre, evening classes, art classes, pottery etc. Do you have that facility

• Posted

Ahhhh sorry no you haven't offended me at all really. . Bipolar seems to get worse as I get older, seem to gain a few ocds along the way.. like public transport, not being able to touch handles or rails anywhere people's hands have been, so u can imagine charity shops, wasn't a problem few years back though. Nightmare at times . We don't seem to have anything here ..all we hear is there's no money for mental health.. ?? where are you from?

• Posted

Worcestershire. My son is in his 40's

This is the 3rd time in 20 years hes been Sectioned but was only diagnosed last year.

After spending 16mnths in Hospital.

• Posted

Oh really I'm close to Liverpool . I'm in my 40s too.. do you find he's getting more poorly now? Iv spoke to others on here, they feel as Theyv got older this illness is getting harder . Oh nooooo that's an awfully long time.. I havnt been sectioned I think I should of a few times in my 20s & early 30s though.. my family see everything black & white never helped in any way. Iv only been diagnosed 3years myself.. life time battle knowing it wasn't a personality disorder which I was labeled because I am a twin... is your son having a hard time finding meds that suit? That's my biggest problem now . I take lithium which works well .. its the other rubbish mirtazapine & venlafaxine that has made ne so ill for the last 8 months. . Im not heard when I see the phyciatrist ??

• Posted

Sorry for delay luv been swimming. His brother was tragically killed 20yrs ago. Up till then you wouldnt have known he existed that seemed to be the turning point. Does it lie dormant....i dont know.

Since then he started on cannabis and other drugs......so i since found out.

Over the years hes lost relationship his house his job. He was told for years it was a personality disorder. Anyway sorry im babbling on. He has got loads of support down here. Why shouldnt you have the same in Liverpool ? The mental health is a mess.

Weve just found a BP group but its 12miles away.......hows he supposed to get there?

There should be one in every town.

Then i came across this........it took a lot of courage to register. I hope i will learn and be able to help him more x

• Posted

Hes on Lithium and Risperidone though the latter gives him the shakes. His Psychiatrist has just started him on anti depressants. He really dipped when he came out of hospital.

They wouldnt give him any....his CPN says its because they want to keep you "down" your easier to handle..........thats disgusting

• Posted

Hi not a problem hooe you enjoyed it .Oh no that's so said ..Iv been told it can happen anytime in life ..there's no proof it's a chemical imbalance from birth .. the loss of his brother is major & can cause that imbalance. It came to me as a child but came to the service when I was in a violent relationship. . I suffered with depression for many years but my word there's a huge difference with bipolar. I think majority also take drugs &;alcohol ..it's an escape ..

Iv been offered mindfulness group course but it's not my thing. I tried 1 session in a tiny room with women that had lots of deep problems if they spoke out they were hushed as we signed a form saying we cant talk about ourselves , its all about being in the moment, i couldnt consentrate .I'm not in lpool exactly im situated between chester & lpool. i have to go the hospital tomorrow ?? Theyv prescribed me with the same medication but a different name(mind over matter maybe) so iv been so ill since February with bad side effects .they don't care ..

great your son has so much support & help from you ..??

I came on here March found it by accident trying to find why I was so ill on mirtazapine. I enjoy it iv found out so much instead of suffering in silence x

• Posted

Very discusting but doesn't surprise at all after the way iv been treated the past year. My phyciatrist makes me feel like a burden totally worthless. Iv change no but it's back to a phyciatrist I had 3 years ago 😢 I'm frightened to actually see him. I'm hoping he will put me on citrolpram along side lithium. X

• Posted

Oh my luv your really not being supported are you. What is wrong with this place we live in........where £££££££££'s are spent to display Tracey Emims bed but patients are made to feel their a burden.

Also....and this is my final txt as i feel im not helping you as im probably in the wrong chat. This i feel is where your Peers can help you more. You n Marish seem to support each other.

My passing comment

Hey World they say dogs are for life not just for Xmas.......well so are children.!!!!!!!

Dont turn your back on them

Loads o hugs bye bye xxx

• Posted

P

A

T

C

H

W

R

K

?????????????????

Just cos I'm a Poof, don't mean that I like Sewing and Girly stuff

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.