Please help me to see the Plus sides of BiPolar

Posted , 7 users are following.

Seems to be all negatives

There must be some plus points

Perhaps when we are feeling MANIC ?

All the creative brilliance that you can read about which is common with bipolar

Maybe you've made new friends ?

Or tried something different ?

THERE MUST BE SOME POSITIVES

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

One person's negative is another person's positive. Talented outbursts for you are crazy nonsense to others - not all bipolars are going to be lauded for their explosive output of art, words, etc.. Quality of output ranges across the normal distribution, and bipolars are no different from 'mentally healthy' people there: we churn out mainly crazy coals in which may be found some genius diamonds. Sometimes you can be too far ahead of the curve and amazing outputs will not even be recognized, other times you are living in some past bubble and the 'creativity' is nothing but regurgitation. For me, the best bit about being manic is seeing through all the lies most people tell: evey micro-expression is analyzed and you see that most people are so controlled by genes and so conditioned by society and the mass media that they seem little more than socio-biological robots. Just 'nice' and 'normal' and so far removed from primal love and crystal intelligence that it makes me want to laugh out loud and cry in quiet. But all thats best kept on the inside if you want to stay on the outside. Your frequent wishes for or attempts to achieve death cannot even be mentioned to health professionals unless you want to lose your freedom. Bipolarity means alienation, separation, discrimination, marginalization, and, ultimately, exclusion. Have a nice day.

• Posted

T

R

U

E

Your post is very deep and also very contradictory.

EXACTLY how I feel.

I have evaded the FALSE IMPRISONMENT, by opting out.

I simply no longer see ANY Medics or take the damm Lithium.

I'm FREE. As a bird.

" Bipolarity means alienation, separation, discrimination, marginalization, and, ultimately, exclusion"

END QUOTE

Yeah, you're right.

But at least we have each other

and

The Pleasures of BiPolar

If there were no good bits, the suicide rates would be MUCH higher than the at least 16 times higher than NORMAL.

Your comments re the NORMAL ROBOTS,

So, theres another big POSITIVE. BiPolar's have Love, Warmth, Deepness, Intelligence, Insight, Compassion, Kindness Empathy and are Jolly nice people.

We should start the PROMOTE BIPOLAR's Society.

• Posted

deep and contradictory, yes, that sounds like being bipolar for many. I used to call it a 'giftease' - a disease which is also a gift, something that makes you specially gifted. Trouble is that people don't want to be given any of this gift - unless you are one of a tiny minority who makes it as an artist, musician, celebrity or whatever. Now I see being bipolar as a curse, a burden, an unlucky deal. It has shut doors to jobs, friendships, and many things. Luckily I'm getting old and don't have to put up with it much longer. So tired with the lack of empathy and understanding from people, so many see your 'sorry I'm bipolar' response as a pathetic excuse. Doctors just want to sedate you, shrinks just want to write papers about you, and counsellors get to see me on good says when they tell me 'you really aren't that affected' and don't see me on bad days because I don't turn up. Even the welfare people won't accept it causes my frequent unemployment, and I can't even claim ESA or PIP. And people may wonder why there is such a high level of suicide among bipolars? Its not just the condition behind this, its the response of your significant others and society. Yechh.

• Posted

Well said ?? ?? ?? it's a lonely, tiring life ... that hardly any1 gives a poop about.

Me Myself & I !! This world far to selfish to give mental illness a thought.

• Posted

+ No sleep for 2 days now, so back again. Here's a positive: after decades of bipolarity, you reach a point where every thing you have you no longer want, and everything you don't have which you once craved you no longer have any wish for. Its more like an implosion than an explosion of desire. But at points during this timeless night when it feels like the whole world is sleeping, the walls suddenly stop closing in and then dissolve altogether, and there's just dark and  and silence and nothingness and so a few beautiful moments of freedom: no feelings, no desires, no more reptile brain croaking 'more flies', no more mammal brain mooing 'more bodies', no more primate brain saying 'more knowledge', no more voices in your head at all.

This soul don't care no more

Lets cold winds howl through broken door

Through hollow head across the hall

Where moon-beams dance upon the wall

And through his eyes he lets them fall.

...autopilot verse from a chaos-soaked brain... +

• Posted

Hi

I replied earlier, but, AGAIN, the post was DELETED.

W H Y ?????????

They gave no reason, and I can not think of one. How am I supposed to MODERATE my posts, if U do not tell me what I have done wrong ?????

It rather nspoils the flow of our conversation. SORRY.

Hope your'e OK.

See ya

Mariish

OUT OF BODY XPERINCES NOW

TOTALLY UNABLE TO FUNCTION

Have to write a list of basic functions :

Have Coffee

Have Bath

Shave

Have Wxxx

Ha Ha

MODERATORS TAKE NOTE OF THE x's

Most days, I don't achieve my list, so simply add in to tomorrows... and so it goes on.redface

• Posted

Reasons why your post will be deleted: swearwords; giving website details; saying positive things about suicide; talking about taking illegal drugs; not having a nice middle-class way of talking; etc. In the wind...
    • Posted

⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️J

U

S

T

SHUT UP

SORRY THAT I DONT FIT YOUR MIDDLE CLASS STEROTYPE.

And, what are you doing here ?

COMMUNITY SERVICE ❓❓❓❓❓

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.