Please Help! Turn for the worse today

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All,

Please help me I have been a slight touch better over the last couple of days with less googling about seizures and the feelings of deja vu, intense fear and weird hazy/cloudy vision causing me panic not been quite as bad. 

However today from nowehere as I was actually feeling ok this morning then all of a sudden during work the sudden adrenaline, hot and cold flashes, deja vu, weird fear/panic is washing over me more frequently and more intense today. Just when I thought i was starting to gain very slight control things going worse. This has sent me into panic that this has to be seziure related and now things are going to get worse again.

The only thing today is I took my first citalopram this morning and within a few hours I am getting these more intense feelings to the point I have convinced this is seizures.

So now I am worried is whether the citalopram has kicked in as quick as this? Or what if it is seizures and citalopram making things worse?

Please help I am so scared 

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jonathan I assume to read that warning about epilepsy and antidepressants and your thoughts and fear took over.Are you at home alone or have you got anyone that can help you.To get on citalopram you are going to have to be patient and accept that you are going to feel worse before you feel better.
    • Posted

I cant take this today Marleen I keep having these waves of panic and seizure like feelings almost continuously all day. I am going to come off the citalopram after one day as I do not like this and struggling to do my job? But what if it is not the tablets and just the seizures are properly starting?
    • Posted

I think you have convinced yourself it's the beginning of seizures now and are not allowing the fact that it's most likely to be anxiety factor in your thoughts.

I think you need to talk to your GP asap.

When we are highly anxious we can convince ourselves of anything, believe me, I have done it too!!

• Posted

You are going to drive yourself mad with this obsession.I am very surprised you are working at all at the minute.
    • Posted

I know Marleen, your right I am really struggling to work and I don't know how I am coping. It is only because the feelings come over me and I think that this must be seizures and not anxiety. I am so angry at myself by reading other epilepsy websites/forums which mention that these symptoms match identical and because things are progressing today to more intense episodes I am saying to myself that these are seizures, I need help I know that and I am going to get that as soon as I can but I cant see how the citalopram would coiincidentally make the feelings worse today when I only took it this morning. Surely cant work like that in 5/6 hours 

• Posted

No I doubt it was the Citalopram unless you are intolerant to it, but I am sure it would take more than one tablet to show that.

What size dose are you on?

Anxiety comes in waves and most of the time it appears from nowhere and we don't know why, have you been stressed or anything recently?

• Posted

20mg dosage. That is why I think its seizures because it has warnings on the packet saying check with gp if you have seizures befire taking meds as they can make you more likely to have a seizure. So I am thinking I have undiagnosed seizures and the meds have intereacted with something in my brain to trigger the deterioration in symptoms today as the last two days have not been as bad. 
    • Posted

I really do think you need to talk to your GP.

You have never had a seizure or your Dr wouldn't of prescribed this medication.

But it's obviously worrying you so call your GP

• Posted

I see you started at 20mgs you should be starting on 10 mgs.Jonathan your body is under extreme stress as you keep fuelling your anxiety with your thoughts and actions.Your mind and obsessive thinking are causing your increase in symptoms not the medication.You really need to calm yourself down by any means possible.
  • Posted

Hi jonathan dear i know i have been there and i know hiw difficult it is to be there, but instread of seeking help we seek for reassurance but does it lasts long? For me it never. Even i used to think that i was the worst case il die and looking on the net searching for the disease im suffering and i used to find all sorts of diseases having similar sumptoms and then apply them on myself, seeking for constant reassurance online similar to you guys which used to make me feel good for some time but then back to the area from where i started.infact here also i can see every other person is just sharing their problems and getting reassured by eachothers posts, but i am here today free from this yeah not cured 100% may be anxiety is still there, feel depressed at times but that doesnt affect me anymore and it happened only when i realised that the problem is inside and not outside so instead of seeking help from outside i tried to change the inner being with constant positive thoughts yeah it takes time but helps and then going throught spirituality processes i was able to reach there even today these feeling s are there with me but csnt affect me as anxiety have lost its power, so practice mindfullness and look into your self try to ask what it that causing it, and your anxiety itself will give you the power to heel yourself and this happens, trust me. There are many more things which i have done which i cant tell you in just single text its a long story. But il definately be there for you guys if you need me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.