Please leave what naural things you use for vulva irritation and dryness

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have gotton so nany tips on here in regards to this.Thought it would be good to list things in one forum for all. Please include how applied,amount used,when you apply it anf how often.Also supplements you may take and diet changes.This is mostly for the vulva but vaginal treatments are welcome also.Thanks Ladies.Also how well have these thing worked for you?

2 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Next
  • Posted

First used Vagisil, small amount, applied to vulva, probably several times a day for a few days each time irritation started, for a couple of years or so, then went on to coconut oil applied to vulva twice a day when irritation started and then reduced to once a day and kept that up and that sorted it.  Supplements - have I got enough space - take Vit D, Q10, selenium, magnesium, calcium and Vit K2, aspirin, Immunace, Krill oil.  No diet changes.  Still using the coconut in the vagina twice a day which also spreads to vulva, so no problems at all.
  • Posted

Hi Lee.

I was originally on Vagifem which helped, but came off it and now use Balance Activ about three times a week for internal dryness. Vitamin E oil, (capsules pierced) and I have recently tried Evening Primrose oil. I pierce a capsule and use it internally as well as taking one a day orally. I feel so much better for it..

• Posted

I've started Vegifem ( only 4 weeks have been told it take 8-12 weeks before I notice a different). Use coconut oil and buckwheat oil also has help.
    • Posted

Keep me posted about the vagifem would love to hear what you think
    • Posted

I will. One of the ladies I work with has been on it for 15 years and she was so upset when they lowered the dose. I asked her if she ever worried of the side effects she replied. It's a very low dose and the Internet gives you always the worst things. You don't take it by mouth. If we read on Panadole or antibiotics we would never have anything. I didn't want to go on it but I think the gynae wouldn't put me on it if she didn't think it would be fine.

Coconut oil is great and the buckwheat oil repairs the skin. My Chinese medicine doctor put me on to it.

• Posted

My GP told me exactly the same - Vagifem wouldn't hurt me, at three times the recommended dose (which actually added up to the dose they used to do before bringing the lower dose out).  That's when I got endometrial cancer.  Yes, companies DO include the worst possible things that can happen, but the point is - they CAN happen and when it happens to you then you start to take warnings on drugs more seriously.  Having had devastating effects from Vagifem and statins now, I DO take it all seriously.
    • Posted

I should have added - because something isn't taken by mouth it doesn't mean it's not absorbed as much.  Just think of patches put on skin, and rectal suppositories for various meds.  All it means if it's not oral is that it doesn't go through the liver etc. I THINK.  But it certainly goes into the system.  Vagifem say to use it for the shortest possible time for a reason.  BUT having said all that, I do understand women using it if nothing else works because this condition is wrecking lives!  I just think it's worth trying other things first, such as hyalaronic acid products (Balance Activ are one sort) that we know are safe.  I think it will probably be a few more years before doctors catch up on the research that is there about hyalaronic acid and how well it performs.
  • Posted

I have read calcium citrate helps with the uretha issues from atrophy.I think it has somthing to do with makeing the urine less acidic.Ive been taking them when i remember..i need to remember each day.It is on the internet.
    • Posted

Oh that's interesting Lee!  I take them for osteopenia (but take K2 as well to direct the calcium to the bones rather than the arteries).
    • Posted

Have you heard about taking prim rose,have read that a few places?
    • Posted

No, I hadn't Lee.  I've never taken primrose, as far as I can remember,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.