Please leave what naural things you use for vulva irritation and dryness

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have gotton so nany tips on here in regards to this.Thought it would be good to list things in one forum for all. Please include how applied,amount used,when you apply it anf how often.Also supplements you may take and diet changes.This is mostly for the vulva but vaginal treatments are welcome also.Thanks Ladies.Also how well have these thing worked for you?

2 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

One of the best things I was told to do is the sitz bath.A basin you buy at a medical supply store or pharmacy that fits right on your toilet.Fill it to the top with warm water.sit and soak about 15 to 20 minutes.Air dry laying on bed.Then apply a moisturiser.Most times its quite soothing.Was told to do this by a gynocologist especially during a bad flare.
    • Posted

Lee12629 == What moisterizer to you use?  I've been using cononut oil, but would love any other suggestions (fragrance free ones).  Thanks!

• Posted

Hi,not much of anything yet,sometimes a and d ointment,rarely vaseline..i have used vitamin e caps that i poke a pin in and squeeze the vit e on my finger and apply to the vulva,alot of women use that and its natural.They are tablets of natural e and coconut oil that you insert internally.Lots use them on here for internal moisture. I have some on order.I havnt tryed the coconut oil yet.For irritation on the outside,hydrocortisone 1 percent over the counter has been approved by my doctor.Id check with your doctor on that one though.How do you like the coconut oil?xx

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed product/company names as we do not allow repeated posting of these in the forums. If users wish to exchange these details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Will leave you a reply later.I cant seem to get a message through.
    • Posted

Lee I have tried sending you a private mesaage about how to send a private message. have you not gotten it?

This no brand name policy is inconsitent at best. Vaseline is a product name.

• Posted

Got it, thanks. Trying to find effective and more natural (organic, fragrance free, non-GMO) products is tricky, not to mention pricier.  But, well worth it. I have no other venue to discuss these sorts of issues (and solutions), so thanks!
    • Posted

Sabrina I see that someone has already mentioned Balance Activ but if you can't get it there you may find there are other products that contain hyalaronic acid which is what makes Balance Activ so good.  There have now been lots of studies done and anyone who has VA who doesn't want to use hormone treatments, or can't, might be as well to try a product with hyalaronic acid because that seems, from study results, to improve the atrophy and there aren't many products that claim to do that.  My gynie looked at mine and said it was totally safe to use, even every day.
    • Posted

After i try the e internaly,and coconut oil,i will try that.
  • Posted

Hi. Balance Activ is a pessary which moisurises internally and is supposed to help with atrophy. The one called balance activ menopause is the correct one to use. The other one is called balance activ bv but that one is to treat bacterial vaginosis. I fine the Evening Primrose Oil soothing and is supposed to help hormonal balance. I have certainly been in a better mood since using it both orally and squeezing a small amount into the vagina from a capsulecheesygrin
    • Posted

I don't think US has that but it sounds good. And you use primrose oil capsules there also? Which treatment gives you the best relief?
    • Posted

Im going to try the key e and coconut oil first
    • Posted

We have primrose oil in the US. If you can't find it at the drugstore in with the supplements, health food stores have it. If you don't have either where you live there are many sites on line you can order from. I tried it many years ago. Can't even remember why specifically. maybe problems sleeping when menopause hit, or for vaginal issues. Musn't have helped me because I didn't continue taking it.

There's also an Asian supplement : "Dang gui.... roots contain phytoestrogens, which are chemicals found in plants that mimic the effects of estrogen in the body. Dang gui is said to help balance women’s hormone levels, both restraining and supplementing the body’s production of estrogen as needed. It is used to treat menstrual and menopausal symptoms, including migraine, cramps, mood fluctuations, and hot flashes."

All these natural options I believe do the same thing. Different cultures discovered their plants had certain effects. In this case I believe they all mimic estrogen as does fenugreek.

• Posted

What do you think of soy milk..have you ever tryed that?I guess soy has estrogen properties also.
    • Posted

It definitely does have estrogen properties.  My hairdresser was using every natural means of taking estrogen because she didn't want to age on her face and then got breast cancer and she told me that the consultant had told her it was down to all the estrogen she was taking in all the foods!  But she really did go over the top on it buying natural supplements online that were high in estrogen too.    But I think if people are sensible about using foods that are estrogenic they may help without the risks.  When I say she went over the top on it - she really really did!  It was totally extreme.
    • Posted

lee, I use anything but cow's milk because I'm lactose intolerant. However I don't use any one type. Now there's coconut, almond, and rice milk along with the soy. I aslo eat tofu but not a lot. I try to vary everything. Soy products due tend to create a lot of gas...maybe because it's from a bean?

This is funny, as I'm typing this all sorts of supplement ads are coming on the side screen like "Prelox Natural Sex" whatever that is.

And speaking of screens is everyone else bothered by the new appearance of the three colored boxes for facebook, etc that get in the way of trying to type on this site? Very annoying. Why do we need it there? Wasn't there before. It prevents me from being able to scroll.

• Posted

I did use soy for a short period some years ago but then found out it stopped absorption of thyroxene, so stopped using it.  It used to make coffee curdle too, I found.

I think I'm the only person in the world not on Facebook:-)

• Posted

Ha! You may be the only one left because I just finally went on it...or at least I opened an account. Really have no idea how it works and am not interested. I just found that a lot of sites now want you to sign in with your facebook account so I VERY begrudgingly bit the bullet.

Is thyroxene a medication?

• Posted

I did join Facebook once, discovered I knew hundreds of people and got overwhelmed so came off LOL!  Thyroxene is for underactive thyroid glands.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.