Please not again!

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm baaaack!  So In August of 2016 after not having my period for 13 months, I got it again.  Welt through all the tests, ultrasound, biopsy, etc and it was determined all was normal and it was probably a hormornal surge.  Well here I am again after not having a period for 17 months and I just started bleeding again.  I am really trying hard to not worry because I know it is very common but I'm worrying anyway.  This website helped me before but I can't find any of the old discussions.  Could use a little reassurance before I lose it all together.

0 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Barbara, I found that my bleeding is probably from vaginal atrophy but was referred to a urogynecologist. I was so scared and relieved that the Dr doesn't think it's cancer but still dealing with it. I now have more yellow discharge than bleeding. I hope it helps some of you to know that it can be a lot of things besides cancer. My Dr says stop googling!

• Posted

Thank you for sharing that Judy! I am so happy it was good news.

Keep is updated.

• Posted

Your story is exactly same as mine. In 2016 after no periods for 16 months I started bleeding. I was 49 at the time, and unrelated ,I’d had an ultrasound the day before for general abdominal pain. Went to doc, but because I’d just had a scan that everything was normal, she just said to go back if I bled again in the next month or so. Also at 49 she said it wasn’t classed as been through menopause.

..anyway another 16 months passed with no bleeding and then I started bleeding again a few wks ago, went back to doc, I’m now 51, was sent to hospital for tests. I had internal scan of uterus , ovaries etc, and a cervix exam with camera. All was normal, nothing there at all, lining was thin. Nurse said hormone surge possibly, and doing anything more invasive to find the cause at this stage would do more harm than good.,as they saw nothing of concern. Told me to keep a diary if I have any bleeding over next 4-5 months , if I do, then to see my doc at the end of 5 months, and they will decide where to go from there.

• Posted

Hi Jane,  I have been trying not to be on here too much (bad for my anxiety) but I'm so glad I looked tonight and saw your post.  Do you know how thin your lining was?  The reason I'm asking is because if my lining was 4 or below, I wouldn't have to get the biopsy.  It is 4.2 which obviously is barely over.  I am scheduled for a biopsy on Feb 27th.  I am having second thoughts though.  I am considering waiting at least 3 months or so and maybe getting another ultrasound done or sooner if I bleed again.  I don't know just thinking a lot.  I hate to do a biopsy again if its not necessary.  I know if I bring it up to my doctor she will say to get it done but I'm just not convinced.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.