Please read - 3 years of suffering has been cured in the last few months

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone!!

I posted a few months back RE tea tree oil.

A few people were sceptical of using it when I posted however I have seen a lot of posts lately discussing it and thought I would pop in my experiences as so far so good (and I've been using for months rather than days or weeks).

I suffered for years and like many tried everything from creams to wipes to control this.

I have now found what works for me and seeing other people have such success I feel like I need to say something to hopefully help more of you.

I very simply mix a few drops of pure tea tree oil, with a drop of baby shampoo into a travel size bottle (the ones you use for shampoo when travelling) and dilute with water. I then, morning and night rub this around my lash line, eye and brow area with cotton buds (1 per eye) and occasionally again after removing my make up. Takes about 30 seconds to do and I just slip it in my morning and night teeth/contact routine.

This time last year I couldn't wear mascara, could barely wear contact lenses and a definite no no to eyeshadow and false lashes. In the last few months I am basically wearing what I want on my face and eyes, haven't taken anti histamines (this used to be what I would do if I had a flare up) and haven't not gone anywhere because of a bad eye day smile

It has only been a few months and I did have a flare up for a few days but I think that was because I got lazy with my routine, but to be relatively symptom free for so long is amazing. Please try it for a week or two and see if it helps you as if it does you will feel a new person!!!

No more expensive wipes doctors trips tablets creams and tears from the pain. I just clean my eyes with the mixture and get on with my day smile

Ask me any questions you want!

Good luck

Xx

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Wow, Emma!  You've given me the hope now to try tea tree oil.  Have been reading pro & con but more pro.  And what's to lose.  Have had moderate success with the red packaged Wet Ones but when I try to wear mascara, the flakes are there immeadiately. And I know if I slip up on my routine, I have awful flare ups.. Will let you know.  Thank you. 

• Posted

Very best of luck! I hope it works for you smile

The discomfort is bad enough but I love make up and not being able to wear mascara for years was horrible.

I hope it works x

• Posted

Hi! Thanks so much for this.  How long did you use it before it started to show a difference and before it was gone? I've been cleaning with baby shampoo and then putting on TTO mixed with coconut oil.  After a few days it seemed to help but then went back to square one.  This was over a period of 2 weeks. Happy for you that you have it under control! It's encouraging to hear the success stories.

• Posted

Hi, took about a week. I don't wash it off, don't know if that helps.

Also I tried coconut oil and found that telephony however long term that didn't help me and so I stopped using it.

It depends what type of condition you have as to whether it will work I guess but worth a try and I desperately hope it helps someone else

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Emma.  I'll be trying your mixture. I can't believe that 4 months ago I didn't even know such a thing existed!  Thanks again!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.