PLEASE READ

Posted , 13 users are following.

Could people please list the side effects they had with first few weeks of sertraline not sure if I’m over worrying thanks

2 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Claire! I found i was having quite bad side effects the first few weeks on Sertraline and thought the same as you, that i was overthinking it! I had stomach cramps, headaches, dizziness, lack of appetite, nausa and over heating alot! These side effects did die down as the weeks went but i then began to get really sore muscles starting in my calfs and then my arms! I seen my doctor about this and i was taken off Sertraline and started on a new AD! 

Everyone’s body is different and Sertraline isn’t the same for everyone, just remember that! If your really worried speak to your Doctor. I hope you find a little bit of comfort from this. 

Xx

• Posted

Sickness, tiredness, no motivation and depression and also sweats with me , I’m coming up to my 2nd week 
    • Posted

How often are ur sweats mine can go away for a while then vary to every other mind my face and round my neck especially xx
  • Posted

Hi Claire.

My side effects

1 severe anxiety leading to panic attacks.

2. The shakes,like having a electric current going through me.

3. Dizziness

4. Stomach issues, still having them

5. Headaches.

Thats all I can think of now. But I'm still very happy to almost be myself again. Hang in there, you have to go through the storm before the calm.😎

• Posted

Hi Claire,

I'm taking 50mg for the past 1.5 months for PPD and Anxiety.

The first 2-3 weeks were horrid. My skin was crawling, calf cramps, tingling, sweats, muscle twitching, stomachache, nausea... and REALLY weird dreams.

Now almost everything has passed. Give it time, you'll start to feel better. Big hug x

• Posted

Just worrying there’s something else wrong wish I could stop xx
    • Posted

I was exactly the same, you're not crazy or alone. I kept looking up all the symptoms I was having and scouring forums... everything was from the meds. I started walking every morning, focusing on eating healthy and trying to get sleep. Also, being out in nature really helps. You'll feel better, it will just take a little more time. 2 weeks in the very, very start xx

• Posted

Thanks Iran awful this hope I wake up in the mornin x
  • Posted

I have sick feeling cramps in tummy n sweating goin hot n cold  and headaches all on n off all day long can’t eat goin to try force something down now not ate in two days panicking I case it’s a temperature and I’m not sweatin  n I’m ill xxxx
  • Posted

Hello Claire. I am a 72 year old male and a citizen of the UK.

I have been on 150mg for 7 months and have had a hell of a journey but I am pleased to say that all is OK now, infact I have never felt better since I was a teenager.

My problem was anxiety for which sertraline was prescribed. Here are a list of my side effects ;-

1. Insomnia, I just could not sleep. This lasted for 4 months. Thought it would never come to an end. I sleep

like a log now.

2. Unsteady on my feet. STILL A BIT UNSTEADY.

3. Swollen tongue. I could not help biting it and causing it to bleed. LASTED APPROX. 3 MONTHS

4. Foul tasting mouth. LASTED APPROX 3 MONTHS.

5. Constant production of saliva. LASTED APPROX. 3 MONTHS.

6. Constant twitching. (possibly the anxiety). STILL HAVE IT TO A CERTAIN DEGREE.

7. Constant mouth movement. Possibly due to 3 & 5 above. STILL THERE.

8. Yawning a lot. LASTED APPROX. 6 MONTHS.

9. Sweating at night in bed. STILL THERE TO A DEGREE.

10. Constant running to the toilet during the night. Could be old age but since I started on the tablets it has

become a lot more frequent probably 4 times a night. STILL THERE.

As you can see it has taken me a lot longer than others to overcome the side effects and indeed everyone seems to suffer different problems. This is why I think that it is important to state your age and sex so that a fair comparison can be made.

To sum up it has all been worth it in the and and I feel great for my age.

Good luck and keep taking the tablets.

Regards...……. Alan

• Posted

Hi Alan that you for your comment I’m 29 just very scared just because the symptoms are all the most common symptoms for most illnesses xxxx
  • Posted

Hi Claire the side effects i was getting were really bad..

1. Suicidal thoughts

2. Paranoid

3. Nausea

4. Hot flushes

5. Anxiety

6. The shakes

And i couldn't seem to sleep it would take me hours to get to sleep...

Most of it has passed now I've been on them for over 3 months

• Posted

Managed to eat a plate of spaghetti 🍝 come to bed now headache won’t go away though x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.