PLEASE READ

Posted , 13 users are following.

Could people please list the side effects they had with first few weeks of sertraline not sure if I’m over worrying thanks

2 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi!

Im on zoloft since 3 weeks (10 days at 25mg and 7 at 50mg).

Taking it in am .

Side effects for me are...

Upset stomach and diarhea ( its getting a bit better/not everyday now)

Anxiety....like nervousness or littlle jitterness... mostly in afternoon and night

Fatigue, drowsy, feeling lazy.... that is the main thing and its almost making my anxiety worse. I hate waking up tired and feeling like that all day. Hope it will pass.

A bit dizzy or feeling space .

Sometimes headache in the end of the day.

Difficulties getting asleep even if Im tired and taking some clonazepam.

And some shakiness in the hands or inside....might be the anxiety not beeing manage again.

• Posted

When you say upset stomach u get pains in ur stomach? Xx
    • Posted

Sometimes it was a bit of nausea or acidity but it was mostly like if I didnt digest anything. I felt like it was uspide down. Weird feeling. Not that it hurt but it was not feeling good...
  • Posted

Increased panic attacks, sweating, depression, tremors, jaw ache, can't sleep enough, can't sleep at all, headaches, the worst acid reflux ever, takes more effort libido wise, depersonalization, and probably some I'm forgetting.

It gets better. It really does.

• Posted

Where to start,

Crazy dreams, 

Feeling the chemicals working 

Clenching jaw 

Paranoia

Anxiety

Sweating 

Aching jaw

Itchy hands and feet

Feeling sick 

Loose stools 

Unable to orgasm

But the good news is it gets better and it worked for me I’ve been on the drug well over a year and going to start coming off it soon. I feel 100% better this drug changed my life x 

• Posted

Hi Kerry did u feel sick in and off morning til night? I just wanna be better and get through this stage but feel like giving up just now xx

• Posted

I’ve given up on day 13 and gone back to mirtazapine , couldnt stand the side effects 
    • Posted

Hi Claire, I started to take my pill at tea time 5.30 ish I felt nauseous quite a lot but it did pass i would really try and stick with it try changing the time you take your pill if you take at night or early evening you may find you sleep through the worst of the symptoms, your body will get used to the drug, if no change in 4 weeks go and see your doctor or call them for some advice xx 
    • Posted

I’m really trying right now but jus feel horrible had 3hours sleep I’m led wide awake feelin so sick haven’t even took my sertraline today yet just want a nice sleep my arms feel so weak/numb heavy urgh xxx
    • Posted

Don’t take it today take it tonight instead see if that helps x 
    • Posted

Hi no I just stopped takin it for one day had that one day break and that seams to have sorted me out x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.