PLEASE READ THIS

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everyone

I havent posted in a while but have logged in most days to find youre all doing so well, in my last post i told you that in the first week of taking the blueys i lost 8 llb then nothing the second or third week and on the 4th week weigh in i had actually put 2 llb back on,i the 5th 6th and 7th week i kept taking the blueys tho didnt realy know why coz my weight didnt move -i didnt put any on but neither did i loose any and i am sticking to a relitivly low fat diet, this being the end of my 8th week i thought i would now come off them as im not loosing weight anymore and ive finished the pack, however i decided to weigh myself one more time to convince myself im wasting time and hey presto ive lost 3 llb this last week, now i know its not much but it goes to prove that we can have many weeks where we dont lose and weeks where we gain but overall we lose weight ,my total now being 9llb instead of 8, i just wanted to post this so ya all know NOT TO GIVE UP .

Alicat

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Thanks Alicat, I'm currently frustrated so it's nice to hear that! Glad you're doing so well! smile
  • Posted

Hi Alicat,

Well Done to you!!

Does that mean you're gonna continue with the tabs :?:

Did you take one with every meal or only if you had a meal with a highish fat content :?:

• Posted

Hi peeps

I was so ready to throw in the towel last week-to hold my hands up once again and say this was something else that hasent helped but weighing myself once more out of desperation has kick started me into doing another month.

I take a tablet before each meal reguardless of what im eating,i dont go for all low fat stuff and strangly enough since i was getting ready to give up i ate more fatty foods last week including a mcdonalds,sunday roast and a few bickies now and then with my coffee :roll: -so im gonna do exactly the same this week and see what happens :wink:

I also wanted to add that during the first 6 weeks ive had , bloating, constipation, headaches,weight gain,weight loss, a sore toe for kicking the scales and generally felt pissed off with the world but its all been worth it if i can just lose a little each month. So i dont care if theres no light at the end of the tunnel so long as theres pizza :lol:

Alicat

• Posted

Good for you Alicat :!: smile

Dont let the B******D scales get you down. :x

ANY weight lose is better than none even if its a long time coming :cheerup:

Go girl :ok:

• Posted

Well done :D:D

I've been on them a week today,and i dont feel ive lost anything.I'm really worried about going to the doctors for my first weigh in on 29th August,i know its three weeks away but im so worried. sad

• Posted

Hi There Claire 88

Some people lose weight in their first week as i did but others dont lose until their 2nd or 3rd, I ate nothing but weightwatcher meals the first week and lost those 8 llbs but then even as i continued eating the same lost no more until my 8th week and that was when i had almost given up an eaten lots of foods high in fat so i realy think its a balance thing depending on each person, so now i take a bluey before each meal,brecky is 2 pieces of toast with low fat marg and some jam, lunch is a tuna ,cheese or ham sarnie with a small packet of twiglets or a weightwatcher chocky roll,cakie etc, dinner is what everyone else has but just a smaller portion and if i get real hungry during the evening i have shredded wheat with semi skimmed milk,fruit and weightwatcher snacks help out during the day, so i prolly eat more than i should and take in more fat but since ive done that the weight is shifting again, Just try to find a balance that suits you.Today is sunday and yes i will take a bluey just before i enjoy my sunday roast-i have half as much as everyone else but its still a sunday roast :P

Alicat

• Posted

[quote:37fe2a75a7=\"Clare88\"]Well done :D:D

I've been on them a week today,and i dont feel ive lost anything.I'm really worried about going to the doctors for my first weigh in on 29th August,i know its three weeks away but im so worried. sad[/quote:37fe2a75a7]

Hi Clare88 smile

I have now come off the tabs (was only on them for just under 6 weeks). I stuck to a low fat diet (and didnt cheat at all) and didnt lose anything whatsoever. In fact, I actually put weight on - whats that all about :cry:

Anyway, when I went back to doc and explained that I was taking the tabs as per instruction in the leaflet ie take when fat content in meal, he advised taking the tabs regardless. That means 1 tab 3x daily. Personally they arent for me - there's too many side effects - I have changed to reductil so will keep you posted on how im getting on.

I think if you eat a low fat diet anyway then orlistat isnt for you.

Either way, see what you think yourself as there's only you who will know whats suitable and what isnt. GOOD LUCK :!:

• Posted

Clare88

Stick to Orlistat for a while and see what happens and if you think its not for you or not working ask your GP what they think the problem is- Dont rush in and ask for Reductil-a friend of mine was on it for only a short while and became depressed ,wierd and suicidal,she was weened off them and is about to start on orlistat next month. Its realy your choice but think hard about it and do some of your own research before giving up and changing to something else.

Alicat

• Posted

Yeh i will stick to them as i feel i should give them a fair chance to work.Fingers crossed i lose something smile
  • Posted

Guys can I give some advice, Reductil is not suitable for those on anti depressants or those who are suceptable to low mood! As said before they are amphetamine based! My doctor told me she doesnt like prescribing them and they are considering taking it off the american market as the increase in sucidal tendancies isnt worth it!!

Clare stick it out!!! We are here to support you, it might just take a while to get going!

• Posted

You've got to stick with it..... you got to remember in most cases, mine for sure, it didn't take two or three weeks to put the weight on did it? so perhaps we shouldn't expect it to come off that quickly

Keep your chin up and hang on in there I'm sure you'll feel better about it all soon

• Posted

I'm only new to orlistat but not to dieting.

Are you eating enough calories? Before orlistat I did a stupid thing with slimfast for 6 months - 3 shakes a day - no food. Those just under 1000 calories a day were no good to me, I should have been on 1600 a day, hence my body thought there was a famine on and hung on to the fat. Weightloss after 6 months - not so much as an ounce.

My doctor is so fantastic and tried to explain the concept of orlistat to me. The way I understood it was eat 1600 (my own personal self) calories a day or there abouts. Orlistat will take one third of the fat out of the equation so less fat going in the system - less fat to store. You don't have to exercise but if you do it will work on the fat you have stored. I can't do much due to health issues but I have a walker/strider thing I dug out of the loft. I use it 10 mins 3 times a day 3X a week. It's only a little exercise but it's more than I was doing before and I'm getting a little better at it already. I even managed to do lots of house cleaning this week too.

My doc also suggested swimming but he's so sorely mistaken if he thinks I'm putting this lot in a costume and jumping in a pool with other people in it. :lol: :oops:

I have a lot to go and i'd be motified to do that but maybe an idea for somebody more confident about themselves.

If I misunderstood the above somebody please say, I'd like to know I understood it right.

Clare88, keep with them I still don't feel like I've lost anything, I can't see a change, my clothes don't feel different but hubby says he can see it in my tummy. I lost 8lbs but hubby also says he can see other changes too not just weight but he says I seem more enegetic, more happy, not weighing 10 times a day etc. Please keep trying.

Sorry post was so long again :oops:

• Posted

Thanks everyone for the support.I will stick them out to give them a good chance of working.

I have my first orange Oil ACCIDENT today!!!!! luckily i was in the house but it was quite funny! :lol:

(Wouldn't be so funny if it happened outside though)

• Posted

Does anyone else panic about the o/oil

I was out with the lovely man from the gym on sunday and he took me to Frankie and Bennies for dinner, I had the warm chicken salad so thought i would survive with out incident

We then went to see Batman at the cinema and spent 2 and half hours worrying in case i had an accident!! :oops:

Maybe its just me !!!

• Posted

I'm not too worried about the O/oil I dont seem to get it in the morn when I'm up the gym, usually early evening!! But then I've been with my husband for 30 years next week and he's seen the good to the VERY worst of me...... drunk and giving it large out of both ends if you know what I mean :shock: :oops:

If I was living your life I'd deffo be scared :lol: You sound like you have lots of laughs and great social life :!: :lol: The only time I get my legs around anything resembling a pole is the wine bottle to get the cork out :!:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.