Please respond :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

I posted a few days ago and didn’t really have much luck getting responses. Hopefully it goes better today. 

I was diagnosed with H. Pylori recently and am on day six out of ten of the antibiotics. It has been far from fun, and I don’t feel like they are working as I’ve had diarrhea every day and basically feel the same as I did before, but a little worse. 

Im very shaky, sweaty, weak, no appetite, diarrhea as I already said, dropping even more weight when I was already smaller than I wanted to be, dizzy, can’t sleep, no appetite, rapid heart rate, etc etc etc. I’m so worried that I will NEVER get better. I’m only 29, but I have been sick for SO long as I always got brushed off by doctors when I brought up my problems. I thought it would bring me some relief having a diagnoses and I had high hopes when I started my medicine, but I only feel worse sad

Any advice? Any hope? I hate the weight loss the most I think since it is linked to cancer, and I can’t help but think the worst when I FEEL my worst. I’m so sick of being sick..

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dear don't worry its all from hpylori, and you are still at the beginning I dont want to disappoint you but it will be a bit long. My hpylori was eradicated 2 months ago and still have some symptoms. You can see this discussion will help you in many things .https://patient.info/forums/discuss/still-feel-unwell-after-helicobacter-pylori-treatment-593055

Most important that you have to be strong and don't think too much and don't think that you have dangerous things. This thing was the worst in my case. Just remember everything will be fine one day. I was diagnosed in October now im 90%ok.

Wish you will be fine soooon

• Posted

Thank you for your reply!

Im trying very hard not to stress and/or worry, but it’s very hard for me. I have a lot going on, even besides this unfortunately. 

Is having diarrhea this far in to treatment actually normal?? I keep reading on all these different infections you can get due to antibiotics and it has me freaking out a little bit. I really don’t think I can handle any more antibiotics. I’ve been taking probiotics every day and have been eating clean other than maybe a couple meals, but still have the loose stools

• Posted

Hi Kim,

It is part of the treatment and it will subside once you end treatment. Just think of it as your body ridding you of the bad bacteria. I think you are doing well considering. Taking probiotics is smart to combat any good bacteria getting effected by the meds. The symptoms you are experiencing are the side effects. I felt that same dizzy and shaky feeling. I was always concerned when driving.  Felt like I was going to pass out at the wheel or at work. Felt so sick to my stomach all day while on the meds and wanted to give up. Most times forced myself to eat so I wouldn’t lose any weight and I didn’t. We can sometimes develop anxiety that will make it worse. I felt the same way you did and now that it’s been a week off the meds my stools are back to normal. Still have a few issues, but you’re doing the right thing by coming to this forum. It helped ease my mind to hear others suffering the same or similar ways that put my mind to rest. Like Hani said it takes awhile for our bodies to adjust and get back to normal. 

• Posted

Thanks for the reply!

You are soo lucky to be feeling better after just one week! From everything I’ve read, you are most definitely in the minority there. So be grateful!

My doctor actually told me to stop taking the antibiotics after I told him I was still having diarrhea sad I guess it’s not “normal” after all. I have a feeling a have a looooooong road ahead of me

• Posted

Hi Kim, I had H Pylori for over 2 years and this took me 4 separate attempts to get rid of this bug. The last lot of antibiotics just about finished me off as it left me feeling rather weak after it and need a week off work as the antibiotics were so strong. I can only say keep taking them if they don’t work do another stool sample and ask the doctor to test it then find out what antibiotics will fight it better. There is a light at the end of the tunnel so hang in there. Keep going. Bev
    • Posted

Hi Beverly,

Im so sorry you’ve had to go through this for so long. I’m sure I’ll be in a similar boat. My doctor told me to stop taking the antibiotics today after I told him I was having loose stools still. You are much braver than I am because I will not be doing another round of antibiotics. Maybe as a last resort, but I’m gonna be trying the natural approach now.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.