Please someone has to have this feeling too? :(

Posted , 13 users are following.

Sorry to post again but I'm freaking out and have no where else to turn. No one I know has vertigo/dizziness or any CNS problems so I'm so alone with this.

Does anyone ever feel like they're walking on uneven ground? Almost like one leg is longer than the other? Or does it ever feel like the floor is shifting beneath you?

It happens when I walk a semi-far distance (sometimes even short ones) and it makes me not even want to walk and it is scaring the crap out of me. My VNG is Thursday but that feels like a lifetime away.

Please tell me I'm not the only one.

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes...when i had VN, i felt like that!!! You are not alone!
    • Posted

Thank you!! I'm hoping mine is inner ear related. I've never had this type of off balance before. It can be so scary!
  • Posted

Hayhue, this does make you feel very alone and anxious. I feel a constant sense of unsteadiness and imbalance when I walk and sometimes motion when I am sitting. Have come to realise most doctors don't understand this condition and others either as you can't see it on the outside. It is hard to stay positive and not feel wooried about how long you will feel this way. 
    • Posted

Yes! I'm used to having usual vertigo but this feeling like I'm constantly walking on a boat dock or uneven pavement is for the birds. It's so different than anything I've ever experienced.

• Posted

You're not alone. I feel like that at times as well. I have to say the vestibular therapy is helping. I'm feeling much better. Takes time and it got worse before it started to get Better. 
    • Posted

How long have you felt this way Laurie? Are you still able to work and do most things? I feel a huge amount of fatigue. 
    • Posted

Yes I'm still  working and making progess.  Some days are worse than others but I'm pushing through.  I struggle some days and need time off.  It's been very difficult to deal with but I'm soldiering on.  I started the vestibular rehab therapy and that seems to be helping a lot.  It started with a sudden vertigo attack September 2015.  I've been dealing with the after effects ever sine.  I saw an Otolgist at MA Eye and Ear in Boston,MA who diagnosed me with vestibular neuritis.  It can be a debilitating diagnosis.  I'm definitely becoming well educated on the topic and I'm my own health advocate.  I'm reducing my salt intake, taking various vitamins and supplements and trying to change things for myself.  
  • Posted

Yes some days I still get this, today being one! I'm on week 7 now. I do vestibular exercises I found off YouTube at home which has helped. A huge issue with VN is the anxiety, if u can go on something to help with that u will feel a lot better
    • Posted

Yes it's giving me horrible anxiety and I swear that makes it worse!
  • Posted

I am wondering if anyone experiences a feeling of being really dizzy when you close your eyes at night. I feel like there is a constant whirling in my ear and sometimes I wake up nauseous. 
    • Posted

I think this stuff causes all of dizziness and sickness - it's horrible! I don't necessarily have your exact symptoms but I do feel like I'm on a boat when I close my eyes.
  • Posted

Hi Hayhue,

Yes, I have had similar symptoms. It took me ages to realsie that my problem was linked to what I was eating and happened 2-4 hours after certain foods. I was scared the first time it happened out of the blue. I suffered a sudden bout of dizziness, nausea, my body felt like I was on a boat and my feet like marshmallows walking on uneven ground. It is worth researching the effects of B12 defficiency, pre-diabetes, GORD (GERD in USA), the benefits of gowing on a low carb diet and boosting your digestive system with probiotics from a creditable supplier. Talk to your GP about your findings and ask for a B12 blood test. I was fine eating anything for 50 years but suddenly stopped producing the right enzymes to digest certain foods which caused bizzare symptoms that seemed unrelated to my digestive system. I am so much better taking probiotics, enzyme supplements, B12, iron and folic acid. It may not be the source of your problem but it is worth checking out. Good luck. 

• Posted

I have b12 blood work tomorrow actually because I'm also having other neurological symptoms such as leg spasticity.

I'll let y'all know!

• Posted

Hi Hayhue

Have you been tested for BPPV. When I had it (for 7 years) it felt like the ground was made of marshmallow and made me feel like I had to concentrate just to walk.

Have you been tested for BPPV?

• Posted

Yes that's how I feel as if the ground is bouncy or uneven. And even when I'm sitting still I can still feel it, it's so weird.

I have a VNG this Thursday (2 days) so I'll let you know what they say.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.