Please someone toss me into the scrap heap!!!!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, it's day 2 on my period and I feel absolutely flipping rubbish.......I have the 2nd migrane in 2days (which I cannot get rid of not even Sumpertription !!!) a horrid taste I'm my mouth (which again won't go!)..ohhhhh and really bad reflux again my medication not really helping?!!.

just feel really rubbish 

got ironing that needs to be done..organise somthing for my daughters 15th birthday on Saturday and all I want to do is Nothing ...and I feel terrible for not doing anything!!.

why do we have to suffer as we get older?

sorry ladies for being such a misery!!.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Soooo sorry and I know how hard it is when you have lots to do and feel yucky! It sucks! I'm up at 3 am AGAIN with stupid insomnia as usual and have to get ready in 3 short hours to take my mom to her chemo treatment....she has stage 4 lung cancer. Anyway....hang in there...you. Are not alone!
    • Posted

Wow gosh I'm terribly sorry, your mum gosh.......is she ok?

isomnia god that I haven't gotten yet butbtherevis a lot of the awful peri symptoms that I never had before till this came along......Thankyou anway and hoping your mum pull through this, xx

• Posted

You are definitely not alone! I hate it when I have a really good day thinking ahhh maybe I've turned the cornerso I'll take advantage of it and clean all day. BUT then I pay for it for 2 days after. I will just ache all over!
    • Posted

Yep this I get to ok some days then BANG I'm not well again......I hate now having a period migranes 

• Posted

You poor love I feel for you.  I suffered with menstrual migraine that lasted 3 long days each time, for a number of years through peri.  Since full menopause they have got better and better so hang on in there hopefully it will for you too.  

I found sumatriptan very helpful indeed but are you getting enough calcium and magnesium?  I take a supplement (Holland and Barrett) every day and it has helped. Give it a go.

• Posted

Oh I forgot - don't neglect your B vitamins - take a good vitamin B complex tab.  This is very useful for lifting your mood too.

Thinking of you - it does get better, promise.

• Posted

Hi allykaye, thanks for replying?..

what vitamin B complex do you use? Don't really take any vitamins!!. Just what medication I'm on!!. 

How long Dora's it take to work I have read some take 4-6 weeks if not longer?!. Thanks again.

• Posted

HI Shelly, I usually buy my vits from Holland & Barrett. The B is called 'Mega B-50 Vitamin B-Complex, Timed Release'.  They also do a B-100 but I have something of a delicate digestion so I always go easy first.  When at my worst I found just a couple of days of B vits would see a difference.  It lifts my mood, yes all the jobs and worries are still there but somehow you are more able to cope with it all.

The Calcium/Magnesium I take is also from H&B and I buy a bottle of 100.  I've taken one every morning with breakfast for some years now.  Got to look after those bones now.

Not sure if you said your age but I'm going to be 55 (arghhh!) in a few days.  Peri came on me gradually before I realised what it was, I've been period free for just over 3 years.  Hot flushes have been life changing - yuk - but I finally think I'm getting somewhere.  The kind ladies at H&B suggested I try Red Clover for general Meno symptoms and flushes particularly.  Again because of my delicate digestion I just bought the tea "Menotee" rather than tabs and I really have felt an improvement.  I still get flushes but I don't think they are so bad,  The real benefit though is that I have been feeling better 'in myself' - I expect you'll know what I mean by that.  I just feel like I'm coping better again, well some days at least.  So I want to encourage you and all the ladies that finally you will find something that suits your system and then you WILL get through all this.

My darling Mum who died when I was only in my thirties and too young to even think about this stage of my life, once told me to 'just let it happen' when it comes to menopause.  Of course at the time I didn't realise properly what she meant, but now I do.  What a love she was.

Anyway, I digress.  Hang on in there Shelly and all you ladies - it is a phase, annoyingly a long one, but a phase and it will get better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.