Please tell me it's okay - 10 weeks post-op TKR

Posted , 15 users are following.

Had another person today give his unsolicited opinion that he was amazed that I am still using a crutch 10 weeks post-op TKR.  I can limp around at the house and some at work, but if I go any distance - walking without the crutch really fatigues my leg and causes increased pain. I am walking more and more without the crutch, but my therapist said until I could walk fairly normally - I should still mostly use the crutch. I still feel like I have a tight sleeve around my thigh from about the knee to mid-thigh. ? What say you? I am doing okay?

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi

Totally agree everyone’s different. As a said before some days are good some are bad. I do the excercises, i walk twice a day with the dog and longer walks at weekend. I have also be lucky to use a cross trainer st work which you walk and move arms and do this three times s day ... but again not over doing it as I know how that feels ... 😒 . I’m having a bad  few days this week with pain and feeling uncomfortable .. was wondering if it’s to do with the weather as it’s getting colder. Has anyone else felt like this ? Xxx

• Posted

You are doing just great take your time it’s your knee your body relax you will be fine x
  • Posted

AliMarie,  Again, well said Matt 2018 !!! smile to reiterate "As it has been said on this site many times, you knee will heal when it heals and it is different for every person and every knee".  

• Posted

Hi AliMarie,

The only people that can judge on your rehabilitation are your doctors. Have you been doing physical therapy regularly? Once you do the physical therapy and your doctor visits you will know how you're progressing. Each patient recovers differently, as said here before, yet there are expected milestones that your doctor can use to determine if there is a problem with your recovery. If your doctor hasn't expressed any concerns you are just fine. Has your Physical therapist said anything? How are your sessions going?

Best to you,

Terry Abrams

CardioFlex Therapy

Davie, Florida

• Posted

Hi - Thanks Terry. I finished official physical therapy as my insurance only paid for 6 weeks, but I continue to work every day for 45 minutes to an hour on strengthening, range of motion, and exercise bicycle. I haven't seen my dr. since week 7, and he said I was doing about average. (I hate being average!) I see him again in four more weeks. My therapist said I was doing fine when I left.??  

I'm also working full time, and some days I'm on my feet quite a bit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.