please tell me others feel the same!

Posted , 20 users are following.

Hi ladies

I am hoping to hear that others feel the same. i started feeling sick in jan. since then i have had all symptoms of peri. dr did bloodwork ( thanks to my mom for thinking of menopause! i am 42 ) and came back i am. the most troublesome for me is constant feeling of off balance. not like spinning but like on a boat feeling. i had all kinds of tests.. i was worried i had ms. my legs hurt a lot too. brain mri normal. now i wake up feeling so weak and sick. and so stinking tired i can barely function. i keep thinking they are missing something and i am dying. anyone else feel like this?

2 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes, was dizzy for 2 years and unwell with multiple symptoms for 5 or 6. Horrid flushing without sweating so I didn't think it was perimenapause. All of it plus the anxiety lead to a nervous breakdown and medical bills totalling over 40 thousand. I now meditate everyday and things are better but I am still struggling. Feel like I have been to hell and back. I am 45 now and while my periods have changed, they are still coming.

• Posted

Hi Kim. I know how you feel and no you're not dying! I went through the same and believe it or not they haven't missed anything. It is all hormonal and truly you need to remind yourself of it. There are some things you can take to ease the feelings.

1. Multvitamin 2. Vitamin D3 3. Fish Oil - Omega 3 4. Magnesium.

• Posted

I wish I would've known this a year ago. After going to the ER over 20 times. I felt the same way. I had all kinds of tests done went as far as a heart Cath. My dr told me maybe I should see a counselor or psychologist because there's nothing wrong with with me. I was very upset with her. Seem like she would've mentioned maybe you are going through perimenopause. I'm 47 and the only thing that made it click is I missed my period and I've always been on time no many if stressed or not. Im thankful for this site it helps and now I know I'm not crazy

• Posted

I'm know a lot of ladies have gone through the same as you. My doctor wanted to go that far too, but I was having so much anxiety I couldn't really handle going out so I missed all those tests she wanted me to have done. My doctor, a gynecologist, on the other hand had told me I was transitioning into menopause, and gave me a heads up on what to expect, such that she was giving me medicine to avoid many of the symptoms that  I was going to feel. But since I don't trust the chemicals in medicine, I decided to do it on my own. As long as you remind yourself it's all hormonal you can take it one step at a time.

• Posted

carmen, my doctor said similar stuff to me!  I had a lot of hospital visits like you did, and of course everything ruled out.  But they don't understand that you NEED to know there is nothing serious, because it is so bad at times!.

I hit bad symptoms 2015 and as one lady put in on this forum, had 'uncharacteristic anxiety'.  My doctor just this year told me that I had a history of anxiety on my file and I was disgusted and asked, 'since when' and only when he looked again, he confirmed that it was just over a year, nothing about anxiety before that.  So, one year is now a history of anxiety!!  It is totally uncharacteristic for me and like you I was upset with the doctor for this.

• Posted

Oh that would have ticked me off! That's good you questioned him because one year is nothing.

• Posted

Yes I was really upset my dr plus some of the er Dr's was saying anxiety and wanted to put me on medicine like Xanax I was like no way. I know something is wrong with me. I thought I was dying. I tell you. You only hear about hot flashes, night sweats and irregular periods. Maybe true for some but not for me.

• Posted

yes, I was not aware of all of this other stuff and don't ever remember anyone talking about it or warning me of it. So really was in shock when it happened.  Then the ignorance from the medical profession added to my woes.  Never felt so sick in my life, yet was not being treated as being sick, just treated like I had lost the plot!  I make sure to tell everyone that it may strike them severely so telling them to get healthy now, although I don't think it makes much difference as I have read a lot of posts on here from healthy women and active women who still got struck down with symptoms.

• Posted

Well hang in there I'm trying to do myou best. This isn't a fun ride. I told one of my friends I rather have my period the rest of my life if I have to go through this perimenopause.

• Posted

I definitely feel your pain. I just turned 41 in August and have been in peri or rather noticed that I was in Peri about 7 or 8 months ago. My symptoms had eased up for a few months but as of a week ago the tiredness (no matter how much sleep I get) the dizziness and the legs and back pain are back. On top of all that my period that used to be faithful and on time has been late by 13 to 18 days for the past three months. I'm so confused now I don't know what to do.

• Posted

Your not alone I have went through this it dies pass I have been doing ok lately thank God but your going through what many of us have been through at the moment I'm experiencing the aching shoulders and joints not to many hot flashes but different parts of my body gets warm or the weirdest one I feel like water drops on my skin but there is no water lol just menopause symptoms is all keep faith it will pass have you experienced the aches yet if not you will ice packs are my best friend now I don't take anything at all I've Been going at it all natural doc says taking things only prolongs symptoms besides i can't take hrt anyways well good luck on your journey it gets better

• Posted

Hi Monique, I have been experiencing excruciating joint pains also! I feel like I am 90. I cannot take HRT either. Are you still having joint pains? Or did they finally go away?
    • Posted

I still have it but truth of the matter is I will take the joint pain over all the other horrible symptoms like anxiety I hate going through anxiety and panic attacks but yes the aches linger on I try to sit out in the sun for an hr a day it really helps me a lot I got scared about the shoulder ache went to the emergency room didn't have any other symptoms but that doc did an x-ray said I have bursitis so I truly can deal with this verse the others but the problem is packs help a great deal

• Posted

I had them all Summer! Thought it was my crazy walking all the time! Couldn't sleep at all. I tell you girls so glad that i 've found this form! I thought I'll get in my 50, hot flashes no period and all done😊 but not feeling so bad... I was breastfeeding and some where may be May I was so unwell, went to gp and stopped feeding and still wort then ever . The worth for me the middle and a week befor my period.

• Posted

I am so sorry to hear that you are dealing with anxiety. I have not had that problem. It may be that I have been taking Zoloft for more than 10 years for depression. Have you ever thought about taking it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.