Please write for everyone what has worked for anxiety and panic attacks. Medication, techniques, and

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have a really bad anxiety and panic attack disorder and what I did for few days was yoga, meditation and exposure therapy off course that hurt alot and my panic attacks got me awake shivering and ended up in hospital

2 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was perscriped propranolol well I asked from my GP and then found that i had astma so didnt take it. I really want to knock this fear out man ;(
    • Posted

Just think to your self say u have chest pain the obvious thing your going to think of is heart attack were is the evidence that your having 1 u would know if u was having a heart attack u wouldn't be think sh*# I think am having heart attack you would be on floor clenching your chest in mega pain 

And many other things too were is the evidence your having it there is non at all if you have had ecgs and blood works done these no need to worry your in the clear it's your brain trying to protect u it's quite mate if u think of it all ways on edge picking different things up then u worry more then back to square 1 panicking again and then the symptoms come it's just like a round about 

• Posted

Try think of the good instead of the thinks that make u panic or have an anxiety attack u will get there in the end I'm nearly there I'm in recovery with my depression just need work on my anxiety then ill be fine I don't panic any more the symptoms don't bother me any more I have accepted that I have anxiety and it won't kill me it's the way your body copes with stress 
  • Posted

Paul I completley understand you, And agree with you, but why cant we be LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE NORMAL ;( why do we have to aviod cofee... when cofee would make us work  its such a competitive world we have to stay on form
  • Posted

I had to leave 3 GOOD JOBS becuase of this and im waiting for thraphy I have done SELF STUDY SELF THRAPHY CBT
  • Posted

I feel like giving up everyday, I ran up and down staries 25 times everyday streched medidtaed with writing 3 pages both sides "I will be fine" I will overcome this" everyone around me just says "get over it" I WISH IT HAPPENS to people who say get over it
    • Posted

Have you seen a psychiatrist?  Ive just started seeing one(got referred) I'm hoping it will help
  • Posted

I have not heard of exposure therapy.  How does that work?  So sorry you ended up in hospital, that must have been awful for you.
    • Posted

Hey yh, thats frquent vists and my family says "get over it" and be a man so yh, and exposure is when you constanley put yourself in a place of fear not not in danger off course but to eat and drink of the things that give u anxity and I think so far I have managed abit of progress as Im accomaplshing it but its not easy work

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.