Pmr and pain all over

Posted , 11 users are following.

last night i went to a surprise birthday party that to my surprise was outdoors in the 88 degree heat and humidity (i thought it would be in an airconditioned ballroom). for 3 hours i sat in a small metal garden chair and agonized. or stood to talk to people and agonized from standing. the longer i sat, the weaker and sicker i got until by the time we left, i was miserable and sore all over and dripping with my pollen allergies.

today every muscle in my body aches and im weak. probably doms? im at 5 mg, have had pmr since sept 2016. ive been doing split dose but decided this morning to take the whole 5; split dose doesnt seem to make a difference for me; ive tried twice.

here is my question: what do i do today and for the next few days? rest? or try to move? rest makes pmr worse, movement helps, everyone says. i dont have much of an exercise routine--i walk a little when i can, and do a few exercises, but right now i have hip bursitits, cant see physio for 2 more weeks. i just want some advice as to what to do today and maybe next couple days in terms of rest v movement. thank you.

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My guess is what did you in was the combination of being tired from the party and allergy, each one of them requiring your body to make more cortisol . Since you are at 5mg, you adrenals are still not awaken completely, so I would bump up the pred for a day or two to take care of added inflammation. Additional 1-2 mg should get you back on track quickly and avoid other problems IMO.

• Posted

Since i was miserable sore all day yesterday with no relief in sight, im thinking im gonna do that. i just did it a month ago after all the easter prep and festivities; if i dont bounce right back, im gonna give up and go back to 5 1/2 or 6 for awhile. my plan was to stay at 5 for the summer which means for the second year in a row ive bombed out at 5. i know, its not a race, i know.

• Posted

And when your body does it at the same time more than once - it is often a message!!! But you still do have to keep trying ...

• Posted

They took away our emojis and haven't given them back despite our begging petitions!

A sad face comes from typing colon followed by open bracket : (but without a space 😦

On some platforms adding a comma makes a frownie face : ( , 😦,

So let's see if it works!!!!!

• Posted

thanks, eileen, how sweet. i was kinda kidding about the emoji--as you can see, i was whining about having to increase pred dose once again. it just takes so darn long to get back down again. as you well know, im sure.

• Posted

Twopies , I always try a use an emoji. Keep smiling 🙂🙂🙂

• Posted

No - but you can have a sad face 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.