Positive blood result

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was diagnosed with COPD 2 years ago , I've had a few chest infections and various tests done , for my breathing etc.

My doctor sent me a letter to take part in a voluntary thing for detecting the early stages of lung cancer.

I got blood taken at the start of July , got a positive result...

This is now been follow up by a chest X-ray , and ct scan..

My lung function hasn't changed much to be honest..

So I don't know if by doing this voluntary thing , has been a good thing my poor family are stressing out..

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I took part in June on it .

i thought it was good as I used to have two inhalers now I just need the new type and don't even need to use it every day .

i  say anything that helps is worth doing 

• Posted

The clinical research is all about helping you and another sufferers , this was my initial thought.. What harm can it do henced the reason I'm taking part , but didn't expect to hear anything that quick...Just wait and see what happens..

Thanks for your feed back big Dave

• Posted

must admit i did not expect to find out for ages so was very suprised to get a phone call from my gp . Hope everythink is posertive for you and they speed through it

• Posted

That must've been a terrible shock Patricia, but there's not really much point in agonising about it now, it's done and I guess like anything it's better to find out in the early stages rather than later.

I hope you've had follow up on how this is likely to progress?

• Posted

Hi Jude , thanks for ur reply , I'm a great believer in being positive always... There will be plenty of time to worry if the news isn't good...But no matter what I say my family will think differently as they worry I'm hiding things from them..

I wanted to keep this to myself until I knew for certain , didn't want them to get upset but never materialised.

So what happens I'm sure will be found out soon enough.

• Posted

I guess it was a shock for you, let's hope whatever it is has been detected early for you. I wish you well and try and keep us informed. Good luck xx
    • Posted

Thanks Susan for ur reply , I'm hoping that it will be a step in the right direction...As this is voluntary there's hope for everyone , I've donated my blood sample to help others so fingers crossed... Will keep the forum posted on what the outcome is

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.