Positive for H Pylori and swollen lymph nodes

Posted , 20 users are following.

Hello everyone, this is my first post on here.

last week I tested positive for H pylori after suffering from the usual symptoms so I'm on the triple therapy.

my question is can H pylori cause swollen lymph nodes as they started to sell under my chin 3 weeks ago and are abit sore to touch? 

Thank you

7 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Mark

Could anyone on this feed please share their experience post treatment.

I have the same story, very swollen glands sometimes feels like like i am suffocating.

Even checked for allargies- nothing. I found so far only antihistamine helps which my GP said also reduced level of acidity in stomoch.

Also i am curious even if i take the curse of antibiotics and get rid of the bacteria alltogether it is so widly spread that what are the chances i wount get it again...

Any usuful articles experiences would be much appreciated.

• Edited

I had a painful sore throat and nodes. Even felt like my thyroid was inflamed. I eradicated it and symptoms went away... Got it back again and guess what?!) sore throats and nodes. Antibiotics did nothing for me so I am using Matula tea. It's expensive but works! Look

It up online if your interested. 

• Posted

hey new to this website saw your post about hpylori and swollen lymps and yes I am experiencing that same situation. just completed 3 pill therapy and lymps node in my jaw and throat are swollen .

• Edited

I had h. pylori four years ago and right after the triple therapy developed issues with enlarged lymph nodes in the neck and issues with stools like described off and on and controllable by avoiding certain foods particular to me. For sure I have not been the same since the therapy and have struggled since with bouts of anxiety about my health. I suspected unless entirely coincidental for us all that this infection and its treatment are not without some long term consequences unfortunately. To me this type of therapy should be studied and doctors should be more inquisitive about this approach to therapy as it seems to deserve at least some more thought and research as h. pylori is a serious infection and common throughout the world!

Get checked out often (tell your doctor you are not crazy) and here is hoping this is not a coincidental set of issues more serious and that these do go away with time and a healthy lifestyle!!!!

Regards,

Will

• Posted

I was having some chest/below rib pain. doctor tested me for h. pylori via blood test. came back positive at 3.4. she put me on on the antibiotics treatment (so many!), now having a swollen lymph node in the back of my neck. doctor says i should wait 3 weeks and see if it goes away.

wondering how ya'll are doing now? i know it's been 6 years since the latest activity on this post.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.