POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE DOES IT HELP RECOVERY

Posted , 11 users are following.

I would like to throw this into the mix.

i went back to work today at 6 weeks TKR . I was really scared as my boss has low tolerance for anyone not working on full throttle. I have to stand up most of the day. I have come home hardly able to bend my knee and back pain but I so enjoyed being amongst people again

with no complications my knee is perfect it's everything surrounding it needs to mend.

i have been feeling really sorry for myself and I am wondering if that's done more harm than good. 

Do you think it's ok to push yourself just a bit further than you think. Obviously not being silly.

i wonder if we really do need so much rest.

I empathise with those who have had complications.

what do you think

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Everyone is different of course, but I think being out & about & among people is good therapy!

Regarding attitude- when I was going to physical therapy, along the back wall in huge letters, it said "attitude is everything!". It even said it on the shirts they wore.

As far as lots of rest, again everyone is different. Some require more than others. All I know is when I feel as if I have hit a wall, I have to lie down as I literally can't function!

Good for you going back to work. It sounds like it has already lifted your spirits smile

Betty

• Posted

Thanks Betty . That's what got me thinking. I could have cried and duvet dived half way through the afternoon but I pushed through and just about got through. I didn't know if this was a good thing as I did get thru and felt a big better for it. 
  • Posted

I think he has a damned cheek expecting you back at work Soobeedoo at this stage,oh I am so angry I could burst!! You are utterly amazing I would never have thought that possible,you rest as much as you can my dear,and I really hope that your boss appreciates what an amzing worker you are. Now PLEASE take care of yourself you have done so much and been through so much. See, now I am going to worry about you, oh I wish I had your boss here I would give him such a tongue lashing!!!
    • Posted

That's fighting talk Fran LOL

he disappeared off home as he had a houseful of guests. Two people rang in sick.

on the other hand he has been good to me paying me full wages for two major operations

• Posted

Ok I have calmed down now smile Its just that you have been through such a lot and I dont allways think people who havent lived thru this appreciate how painful it can be. So he should jolly well pay you!!  Im guessing your not from the UK?? Oh just ignore my rant Soobeedoo Im ex social work and doesnt take much for me to get on my high horse smile It is good to feel normal again,getting me own knickers on was an achievement last month smile
    • Posted

Getting your knickers on made me smile Fran 

i've been knicker less around the house it's easier ...but not outside in this weather lol I could have got frostbite 

• Posted

HahahAhaha love it. Frozen the movie could gave a whole new story linelol
    • Posted

Well that was a major assumtion on my part! The trouble with me Soobeedoo is I worked far too long on the public sector and read far too many union policies than was good for me,if our employers put a toe wrong we jumped on them! Maybe that why they struggle with finances now smile You keep smiling but pleez take it easy,I flinched when I read your profile about getting knocked by the car on your knee! OUCH!
  • Posted

Hi

well done on your first day back at work  I had a positive attitude to this op  and I thought I would sail through it.

i had the usual bad time in the first few weeks then things settled down 

since then I have developed really bad Sciatica

and when I've walked any distance I get home and my knee is bruised again.

And that's me who had a really positive attitude.

sometimes things go wrong and the odd op doesn't quite go as planned 

take care and once again 

well done 

Jean 

• Posted

It's certainly easier said than done at times, to maintain a good attitude, isn't it Jean?

Keep smiling through the tears, ha

• Posted

Ahh that's rough and tough. I think you have a positivity in you that's got you through. But it must have felt like you were beeping beaten down. 

I hope it gets better better for you

• Posted

I do Betty ....

we all have to keep going whether things are right with the knee or not.

And I'm really glad it's Winter here and I don't have to show my fat bruised. knee ....lol.... not as though I do anyway at my age.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.