Positive mirtazapine stories

Posted , 12 users are following.

hi guys i am about to start mirtazapine 15mg to help my sleep and anxiety, im currently on 100mg of sertraline but my psychiatrist has put me on mirt alongside it, all i ever see is weight gain posts which really scare me as ive recently worked so hard to lose 2 stone, has anyone not had any weight gain issues?

thank you

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I recently weaned off Mirt after 3 years. I put on 30 pounds during that time. I have been off 2 months now. I weaned off very very slowly. I started cutting back in January and went completely off in October. I have lost 15 pounds already. Good luck, I really hope it helps you. I just could not accept the weight gain.

• Posted

I recently weaned off Mirt after 3 years. I put on 30 pounds during that time. I have been off 2 months now. I weaned off very very slowly. I started cutting back in January and went completely off in October. I have lost 15 pounds already. Good luck, I really hope it helps you. I just could not accept the weight gain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.