Positive outcome on sertraline

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi all!!!! I have been on this site since I started taking sertraline 11 months ago. I just want to give u all who r just starting starting on it some hope. I started taking 50mg for severe anxiety ( I couldn't go out, sleep, eat, hot/cold etc etc) I took mine and still do take mine just as I am getting in bed. I thought if I took them just before bed then I would sleep through the side effects. I had no trouble with sleep and if I felt anxious or had a bad day I would take resue remedy (great stuff and can be taken with sertraline). Anyway I upped from 50mg tp 100mg after 8 weeks as was still very bad with anxiety, I was told to wait 6-12 weeks before upping from any dose as sertraline does take a while to work. I would say after upping to 100mg I started to have more good days than bd after around week 11. I know it sounds long and u feel like there is no end but just try and stick with it. U will feel like they r not working and will prob get heightened anxiety ( that's when I took rescue remedy) but the good days will come and there is light at the end of that long dark tunnel. I was so scared to take them ( I hate taking any form of tablet/ medication ) it took me 3 weeks to pluck the courage as I thought to myself I'm sick of feeling like this, I have my son to think of. I feel so much better now and am back to the old me. I do still have bad days but that's life. All I can say is...... Stick with it, they take a while to work, wait 6-12 weeks for them to start working before upping. I wish u all well on your journey and if u need and advice or reassurance then I'm here xxxx

5 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

old post i know but just wondering if there’s any more positive storys regarding sertraline

im on 75mg 17 weeks now and im having a bad weekend with anxitey ive had to take propananol during the day but i cant sleep its driving me crazy

any tips on sleeping i take my sertraline in the mornings 7:30 i try mindfullness and meditation listning to music but i cant sleep

• Posted

hi there,

are you able to take it a little earlier then 730am to see if it helps with sleep. As well my doctor said a small dose of melatonin to help sleep on those days where I needed help especially in the beginning of taking sertraline as well as when I increased a dose and may have needed help to get to sleep. Now another question when you take it at 730am are you tired all day? some people take it at night as they feel tired after taking it

• Posted

Hey!Nice to read you review! Was it in 11 weeks in total you felt better, or 11 weeks on 100 mg?

8 weeks on 200 mg here! I am feeling a little bit better, but the last couples of days i feel horrible again. Is this normal??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.