Positive Results

Posted , 11 users are following.

I wanted to bring some positive vibes into the Forum.  We all go through so much with our recoveries, but there is always a light at the end hopefully.  I am 4 weeks into my TKR recovery.  Last Friday, my physio discharged me and said just get on with what you're doing because it's definitely working.  That was doing all my exercises and walks every day.  She suggested I buy an exercise bike, which I've seen many of you have and to replace my exercises with that.  So no, I'm doing 5 minutes x 5 times a day and that is really working well.  I'm currently at a bend of 115.  I was having a lot of trouble sleeping at night and with the help of many of you, I've swapped my painkillers for sleeping tablets and that's working so well for me.  This morning, for the first time, I was able to walk up the stairs one after the other, rather than one step at a time.

?I just wanted to give everyone out there hope for their recovery.  It can go perfectly well.  Yes, there are still low times when I feel my knee is an alien being, and yes, it's still stiff and tight most of the time.  But I try and concentrate on the positives.

?Everyone on here is so helpful in their recommendations and I've used the forum many times in my 4 weeks, sometimes just reading what everyone else is going through helps get us through the day.  So, thanks to all of you, and good luck to everyone in their own journeys to recovery.

Denise

3 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Are you boasting?   Some of us have permanent disabilty  now
    • Posted

Not intentionally Carol. I apologise if that's how you take it. All of us in this forum are in it together.

• Posted

I have many permanent disabilities after the ravages of 54 years of severe juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. I have so many artificial joints that I have lost count. Currently both elbows, both shoulders, one lower arm, both hands are being replaced. My hands are on at least the 3-4 revisions.

My body is grossly deformed, I use a power wheelchair, and I drag an oxygen line...and I refuse to allow this damnable disease and all of the complications beat me.

I consider myself differently abled.

I am sorry you are having a bad day.

How can I help you?

hugs

• Posted

I really love your positivity- so incredible with so much to tackle in your life. You are inspirational indeed.
    • Posted

Hi - Oh no. Have you had a bad TKR experience ? My mother in law has also. Now has her leg fused straight after several failed ops. It is not easy to cope with. i was very nervous going into my TKR after her experiences as she does not cope well with her leg at all now. The good thing is she no longer has the pain.

All the best to you.

• Posted

Bless you! Your positive attitude will help me so very much . I'm in my fifth week post operative . Today was the first day I felt a light at the end of the tunnel . Reading your text has given me more courage .

• Posted

how very kind of you, thank you.

Be kind to yourself...your body is working as fast as it can to heal. Soon you will look back and think, not so bad...chuckle chuckle

• Posted

Thank you, Denise

Congratulations!

Thrilled that you are doing so well!

• Posted

Thank you - I needed a more positive feel after being accused of boasting 😟. Hope all is going well with your recovery and very good wishes to you.

• Posted

Oh dear sad  

Please dont take that comment to heart - we all have our down days. You are very lucky that all is going so well and should not be made to feel awful because of that fact. All the best.

• Posted

Yes I agree...ups downs is the name of our game. Set sights on positive happenings...Christmas...family...a Christmas holiday for those of us who are more or less up and running. I've got my 4 year old granddaughter's school play in a day or two...looking forward to that as the tinies are so cute belting out Christmas carols with so much enthusiasm! I'm 2 months post op and doing better every day. Take care everyone 😊 🎄 🎅

• Posted

Thank you again Jenni. I'm feeling lighter hearted about it now and realise someone's good day is another persons bad one. We all have different things to say. I'm happy and that's good 😊

• Posted

That's fabulous Lesley! Enjoy your day out - love kids singing carols 🎄🎄

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.