possible cancer

Posted , 8 users are following.

Long story short....Last week I was diagnosed with SCC1 on my vulva. its at 6 o'clock (perineum) and was spotted by a nurse who did my smear test. Anyway, I've prepared myself for a partial vulvectomy though I've refused treatment until I get back from my long planned holiday. I arrive back on the 14th May.

In the mean time they've been doing a load of other tests. Yesterday I had an ultrasound and the technician told me I had a small cyst on my left ovary but it was a (I think she said) "simple cyst" and nothing to worry about. There was something in her voice that concerned me though...perhaps my intuition is just at an all time high.

I got a phone call from my GP at 9pm last night. She'd recieved the scan report which says I have an 8mm thick lining to part of the womb and to the base of my right falopian tube. She reassured me that this is not neccessarily cancer but to be sure she is making me an urgent appointment but it could take up to 2 weeks sad

It dawned on me this morning that they will have to go in to take biopsies or I'm thinking they may just want to do a hysterectomy I'm in my 50s and so having a hysterectomy isn't a problem. Then I started wondering, if they think it could be cancer they will probably want to do an abdominal one and the thought of that is getting me stressed out.

Is there anyone here who had a womb investigation for ominous reasons? and if so, what was the procedure?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank you Virginias and yes, I will keep you posted and thank you Caroline, I agree, its for the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.