Possible gerd getting worse

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been experiencing symptoms for around seven weeks now I've got a severe cough which is the main symptom cough is on and off constant all day a bit of air catches it or I've rushed around at times I bring up dark coloured phlem like dark yellow also cough to the point of dry heaving and have throat spasms where I can't speak etc whilst it's going on I get horse voice regularly and recently lack of appetite I've been to the gp three times about this and have been given lansaprazole one in the morning and now gaviscon type liquid after meals and bedtime however I still have these problems has anyone else been through anything like this I'm not sleeping well either

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi. Have u had a chest Xray. I'm a radiographer and I'd suggest getting one soon just to rule out anything other than reflux. Can i ask about your smoking history if any? How old are you? Don't let the gps fob you off with reflux meds with your symptoms. Sorry to scare you if I have but it's best to find out early if it's anything else. Hope everything turns out for the best.

• Posted

Hi had a chest x Ray yesterday and bloods after 8 weeks of persuading gp saw after he put four weeks for symptoms as well!! Iam 30 and now again smoked as a youngster nothing regular though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.