Possible heart failure??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Over last year or so I've noticed my heart has become quite loud beating can hear most of the time beating at rest along with a few palpations I've had them for years but 2 months ago I had a bad episode where my heart was irregular for bout 7 seconabout. ating very fast also I noticed I developed bilateral pitting odema in my legs and now it's mildly in my ankles no shortness of breath but do feel groggy don't know if that's cause I think I've got heart failure I don't know I've 2 ecgs and blood test my doctor said my heart is normal don't think he's right cause I'm 27 he's just brushing me off even though my bp is sometimes high and I have obstructive sleep apnea feels like I have accept this I've been doctors 3 times in last 2 months they think im just messing about

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've had some more information today the echo will cost £250 plus another £80 for the private cardiologist to read the echo result that's pretty harsh as I'm not exactly well financed at the moment my doctors is fully booked until 17th of September. I'm in two minds about just going the a&e but I'm pretty sure they will just do so ecg and say oh yes your heart is fine worked all my life here payed taxes and yet I can't the treatment the great United Kingdom promise but immigrants get 1st class service sorry about the rant just very disappointed in the system I was born and bred here it's a complete joke.

• Posted

That is cheap, our cardiologist charged us $1000.00 seven years ago, and even though husbands ejection fraction was at 23% sent us home, grrrr.

We had the same problem as you, local GP did not believe anything was wrong with husband, even after ECG, told us he was OK, and refused to give me referral to public hospital.

Even tried to talk me out of private appt, telling me I was wasting my money.

Still do not understand how GP missed symptoms on ECG, and then even after seeing cardiologist she seemed to be more interested in the money she could earn from us, suggested angiogram required urgently, and that would be another $10,000.00, told her give me a couple of days to consider that price.

Husband in the meantime collapsed at home in congestive heart failure taken to ER at local hospital, later advised by nurses to take him to the big heart hospital across town, as Dr at local hospital also suggested their was nothing wrong with him, and refused to be referred to private cardiologist, just did not listen.

I am in Australia, currently exchange rate is 1.80 for onepound.

• Posted

hi guys sorry about the long delay in replying just finished work,any way after a long 2 months of seen 4 different doctors I have finally got a cardiologist appointment but it's in January just after the Christmas I feel kinda ok good days and bad days my oedema is still in my legs and my ankles swell after walking around,my last visit to the gp he said my heart sounds perfect my bp was 139/90 I'm not convinced at all,all of sudden my palpations almost gone but been replaced with a occasionally fast irregular beat which lasts for about 1 or 2 seconds very disturbing,anyway hopefully in January I get all my answers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.