Possible IBS? :(

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello all.

Here for some advice regarding my stomach, if you all would be so kind.

Since last Wednesday, I have been running to the bathroom multiple times a day (5-7). Sometimes, it gets to the point where there's nothing left and my stomach will cramp almost like a dry heave. It's mostly watery and my anus will burn intensely. I tend to get sweaty and dizzy feeling; and my stomach will also burn. Every time I eat, my stomach hurts and I run to the bathroom shortly after so I've been afraid to eat anything other than crackers and applesauce.

At the moment, I am bloated and my stomach hurts and is tender if pressed on (upper area below breastbone). I keep belching and my stomach is still burning.

I have had this happen to me before but only for a few days. Never this long. I know I need an upper GI and I'm working on getting one but in the mean time, does this sound like IBS? Or should I be more concerned?

Thank you.

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello 

First you will need fluids Loose stools used a great deal of fluid so water does help

This may help

1 Pint of Water, warm.

1 Teaspoone of Salt

and 1 or two Tablespoones of suger.

Mix together and drink dwn, that mixture acts like an electrolyte on replaces flued and salts, the suger should settle the tummy.

Get down to the Chemist or Doctor and get something like Immodium to stop the skits

BOB

• Posted

Thank you!

I received some fluids yesterday in the ER and I bought some pedialyte today which has sodium and electrolytes in it.

• Posted

I beliebe you really need to see your doctor. As for my advice, you take more water because there is really a possibility for you to be dehydrated at times like this. Also, take proper diet and eat fruits some well. It really helps a lot.
  • Posted

Thanks everyone! I saw doc today and they referred me to GI doc so I'll be going there soon!

• Posted

Hi, just wondering do you eat bread wholemeal bread etc, I use to suffer bad bloating from wholemeal bread and even white bread, but a few weeks ago I started eating real sourdough bread it's made by fermentation and bloating has gone and the IBS is greatly improved, you could check it out plenty of info about why it much better than ordinary bread for your digestion.

• Posted

Thank you! I'm actually going to try that paleo diet to see if it helps w my symptoms. I'll keep sourdough in mind, too!

• Posted

I was told by the consultant to switch to wholemeal and/or granary but don't consume too much so a loaf lasts me over a week now whereas when I was more regularly ill I was eating 2 loaves a week as I was eating a lot of sandwiches but when I was diagnosed that had to change.

• Posted

This is an update for anyone who may find this thread. I hate when no one comes back to answer.

I had an endoscopy yesterday and I have IBS & acute gastritis.

Explains a lot!

• Posted

Cut out chocolate, spicy and greasy foods and avoid alcohol and coffee.  These can be gastritis triggers.  Also try the Low Fodmap diet for your IBS.

• Posted

Hi Hayhue,

both are curable with proper diet. still i repeat the same to follow. try you feel the difference.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

you need to be careful, this drastically reduces your weight and you will become weak.

what are your intake ? you should take easy digestable foods like Rice bread, rice, cooked veggies, apple, banana & pommegrante. 

Avoid alcohol, geseous drinks, nuts, raw veg, sugar.

Add yogurt and probiotics to ease your stomach.

drink 3 nodes of garlic milk in every other day to remove gas from stomach and respiratory sys.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.