POSSIBLE LYME

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys,

I am looking from feedback with others diagnosed with lyme disease. At the moment I have been unwell for 6 months and diagnosed with post viral fatigue syndrome. The onset of symptoms for me was in November with penetrating stiffness in both legs, chest tightness, fatigue. Extreme fatigue remains, unable to work or have social life, can JUST look after myself, cooking etc

I participated in a triathlon in August in the Scottish highlands, so was very fit before all this and I also was outdoors a lot on holiday in Bulgaria in July. I am considering I have lyme disease. A huge symptoms for me is the alternating circulation in my hands, where right hand can often look much redder than the left which is always very pale, anyone else know anything about this ? And generally feeling really bad, like a zombie, you just feel so wrong. I am awaiting my lyme results so have been tested but I just wanted to know the experiences of others. I notice I can eat a lot and not feel full. Anyone else ? I am undertaking comprehensive stool analysis to test for parasites aswell.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

One important thing to know is that lyme comes with co-infections and we develop different symtoms, and there are more then 150 symtoms, in our case, my ex-wife started with sharp pain inside lower stomach, I started with headache and soon everytime i spent some time seatting I would get up and my legs would feel weak and  exhausted I used to play soccer until I had to quit because on run in the field and woul loose my breath and my legs would almost give up of exhaustion, my son started feeling tired and heat, had to take cold showers at night to cope with it. I must say that it does drains us emotionally, phisically and financially. I dont have some of the symtoms anymore, but body pain and exhaustion stil and stomach problems cuz the months on antibiotics that sometimes is the better option to get rid off lyme.

Until you have positve test results you can start treatment and sometimes doctors know just by symtoms.

I live in Calgary and there is no many doctors to help with lyme disease but please check the nardella clinic in Calgary and also ananta health clinic also in Calgary.

Many people get well and start to enjoy their lifes after some of the treatments so hope is the case for you and all the others, we must have hope to be able to sleep at night.  

Victor

• Posted

Hi Victor,

With lyme disease aswell as the fatigue was another really noticable symptom the feeling that your heart is in a vice, that somehow it is trapped ? I have been really noticing this for months. Of course ECG's are all fine. Hope to speak soon.

• Posted

Hi David,

I hope you are feeling a little bit better,

I did not experience that heart problem, but dr. risk in her video was talking about the symptoms and she said there is more than 150 symptoms and she mention the one when it feels like someone stepping on your chest.

please check dr-risk web page and view video, hope can give you some more understanding about how you feel.

let me know if it helps.

take care

Victor

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.