Possible Oral / Genital thrush, desperate

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello.

I have had an abnormal tongue as long as i can remember. My tongue has never been bright purple all the way to the back. I have seasonal allergies / food allergies / pet allergies, etc. so i have always had some kind of abnormalities with my mucous membranes & also felt like my immune system is not as strong as it should be.

Anyway.

I have used 2 week treatment of Fluconazol capsules (100mg) - No difference whatsoever.

I have used nystatin oral liquid twice - No difference

I have used other oral liquid that contained miconazole - no difference.

My tongue does not burn, does not itch. I have a feeling of something being stuck behind my tongue every now and then but some days i don't feel it at all. I have also noticed that when i talk a lot and don't drink a lot of water during the day, my tongue gets white, especially in the back. It's more bright in the middle, but after searching for "median rhomboid glossitis" - which is a form of oral yeast, it does not look similar even thought the center is more red. Also, when i drink caffeinated drinks, i get a horrible taste in my mouth and it also makes my tongue more white. Alcohol makes my mouth extremely dry.

There is some days, when my tongue looks normal aka. pink, but the back is still more white.

Pictures of my tongue:

http://i63.tinypic.com/2ps3coz.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/2ly1kli.jpg

I have also IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) that i was diagnosed with a few year ago, because i had constant bowel issues and diarrhea. I don't know whether there is a link between the two, but i can only assume.

I also have balanitis, which has not been cured yet. Those capsules (fluzonacole) that i took did no difference. Canesten is not doing any difference either. The first time i recall having balanitis was, when i had unprotected oral sex with a girl but not vaginal sex. Most of the dots left by themselves, i applied some hydrocortisone and it was simple as that. But ever since they have been coming back, especially when i started to use condoms in the first place. They have not been suddenly coming back after using a condom anymore but there is a little bit left, not a whole bunch, but there would be 1-2 noticeable dots. Now, i don't know whether this is linked to my oral problems / thrush, but it could be some kind of allergy which i don't know about. I don't use soaps, or anything that would irritate my glans.

As i said, any kind of medication haven't fixed it for me. I have been to the dentist and i have been told that the whiteness in my tongue is completely normal, which i disagree with. I have been tested for STD's and everything came back negative, twice.

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi worried51992,

I was just wondering if you managed to get rid of this tongue infection. Or was there any other allergy diagnosed? I have a white coating on my tongue, and will go to my GP on Monday. I used miconazole gel for few days. And stopped using my usual mouthwash. But I had no results. Also the last days I don't eat sugar or bread. I read a lot on-line which was confusing. I checked the pictures of your tongue, it looked normal for me. Please let me know what was your diagnosis and treatment. I am also worried about the oral trush as it can be a sign of other diseases. Thank you. Have a nice day/evening. :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.