possible tapeworm ?

Posted , 36 users are following.

Hi I passed a approx 6 inch flat tape like thing , it seems very smooth yellowish almost transparent, I see no segments, is this a tape worm ? I have a pic of part of it but I'm not sure how to upload ? I'd appreciate any information thank you

0 likes, 52 replies

52 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi

I thought I passed one also. My stool samples were negative. However I was asked to repeat them. Do you have any symptoms?

Vivian

• Posted

I am interested in these conversations.  How are you diagnosed with tapeworm and tapeworm lavae?  my GP won't give me a stool sample saying i don't need it.  I did have a 'complex' cyst show up at an ultrasound scan when i was being checked out for possible gallstones.  I then had a follow up MRI scan which stated 'possible hyditad cyst, serology should be performed'.  I've had the serology test (apparently it is a blood test to check for antibodies, whether your body is fighting an infection) and it came back clear.  Am just wondering what the actual diagnosis is?  thanks
    • Posted

Thankfully I do not have a hydatid cyst 
    • Posted

Hi my first posting on this part and only my second overall I was dianosed with liver liesons they said the mri showed simple hepatic cysts but I have been in ill heath for some years and screaming g brsin pain for nearly four years my life took a complete turn around bout doc is refusing to send me to heptolagist I'm sure it's been worms of some kind I also have to evacuate own bowels because of another problem and I do have a dog and make she's up to date on all things needed but I'm getting so I'll I'm scared I'm going to have to find her a good home but where is now my back yard used to be two old barns that I bought as they were right outside my window apart from having a big thing come down my nose after several years I've seen nothing just a lot of pain sorry this was so long but om getting more info from here than from doc
  • Posted

I've got this exact problem I've made a thread if anyone can help I cannot see how to upload a photo though : (

• Posted

I am glad you posted a picture! I have been having issues for 9vmonths now, that looks a lot like what I first saw. Since then I have also had a few other things I am concerned about and I also have taken pics. Thank you for sharing, it seems nobody ever talks about this stuff in families or friends , but home pics are more help than some evthey have out there. Thanks again!
  • Posted

I have been doing a lot of Research on the tapeworm. I just wondering have you researched how long the egg sacs can stay vibal, in a dry desert environment.And is it legally necessary to let your friends know that you may have had one so that way their 3 children themselves and their wife don't get infected?

• Posted

I have been doing a lot of Research on the tapeworm. I just wondering have you researched how long the egg sacs can stay vibal, in a dry desert environment.And is it legally necessary to let your friends know that you may have had one so that way their 3 children themselves and their wife don't get infected?

• Posted

I have a worm I passed and the doctors haven't helped me and I've been fighting this for five years. I don't know how to link the picture?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.