POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT SERTRALINE HERE!!!!!

Posted , 77 users are following.

Hello everyone, my name is Taylor and i was put on sertraline 8 weeks ago for severe anxiety, my story is posted in another dicussion just go to my profile if you wanna see it. I was on 25 mg for 4 weeks and I will be on 50 mg for 4 weeks tomorrow. These forums and the friends I have made on here have been a godsend. I wanted to open up this discussin board to those who have found success on sertraline and got back to their old selves. A lot of us on here need the encouragement and I felt if you all could flood this discussion with positive stories it could truly help a lot of people. I know a lot of people when they feel better they leave this site, hopefully there are at least a few that can shed light. Thank you all and remember. KEEP FIGHTING, i am also here for anyone who wants to talk. 

12 likes, 176 replies

176 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Taylor I am so glad you have started this post as I have been struggling also.i was beginning to wander if Zoloft was ever going to work for me too.i see there is still hope.We are all in this together🙂

• Posted

Hello Pam,

Yes I thought that we all needed a flood of positivity and a chance to talk to others about their process as they are out the other end of the tunnel. I am mostly on this forum all day, especially when I am having bad days looking for some type of hope but when I am having good days I am out trying to keep myself busy which is why I understand why people who feel good leave the forum, they want to continue their lives!! We are all in this together and my good moments and days are what keep me going. <3

• Edited

Hi Taylor,

?I have just found forum this morning.  I have been on 50 mg of Sertraline now for 8 weeks also ... and l have found l cant really taste my food anymore and l feel quite groggy and tired.... Like yourself... need some encouragement to continue.. as this groggy fatigue feeling driving me crazy... but l do feel better than l  was.. as l was crying all the time and felt miserable... just want to get back to myself really but like you wondering how long it will take...

• Posted

Hello Karen, 

I am sorry for what you are going through. This is truly such a terrible time. I am happy to see that you are not crying anyore. How bad is your anxiety/depression? Are you able to manage throughout the day or are you mostly housebound? I too have that problem with food sometimes except my taste for the food has returned but i have no appetite. Also have you thought about upping your dose? 

• Edited

So my question is should we make ourself get out and go and do things to try and beat the anxiety instead of staying in and waiting for it to be over
    • Posted

I still try and do things little by little weather that's going to a movie , work, my grandparents house I've even made it out to a banquet one night and to see family on Christmas.

It really does help to try and get out and be distracted believe me all I wanna do is ball up and cry all day but in order to beat this we need to keep distracted till the medicine kicks in. How did you carry your days when you were on Paxil?

• Posted

I went and did everything as a normal just like old times before it pooped out.I am on 150 mg of Zoloft now I am hoping it works and I don't have to go up to 200 mg.i did get out and go to logans for lunch today😊

• Posted

Pam if you don't mind me asking how bad your anxiety was before Paxil? And how bad it got before it pooped out? I'm glad to see you have an appetite which is something I struggle with and shortness of breath and just feeling drained. I see you were on 100mg and now up to 150mg I hope it helps Pam!!!! That's awesome about lunch!!!! Keep pushing!!!!

• Posted

*after it pooped out
    • Posted

Hi Taylor,

​I like you dont really have an appetite but l am making myself eat meals.. but l have started eating more sweet stuff.. but once my xmas stash finished not going to buy any chocolate....   My mood has lifted and l do feel better but l went to see my doc today and she said difficult to determine if the groggyness was side effect of how my mood was or side effect of the tablets .. so she said to cut the dose and see how l do... 

​I have a very expensive gym membership so hae virtually dragged myself there and fortunate a dog who moans and sulks if l dont take her out for a walk... Today felt yuk but went to gym and had a swim in the outside pool and although freezing in outside pool did help.

​I read a study by a doctor who says outs outsideswimming in cold waters  is very good and in a study he has done with a group of patients they all came off anti-depressants... so l am thinking about going that way.....

​I have not done much housework but going to give the place a hoover in a minute... and then tomorrow going to try and make it a clean tidy home to bring in the New Year.   I hope you start to feel better soon .. excercise is good.. but its just getting yourself to do it...

• Posted

I was bad before Paxil like I would go to the dr all the time I thought something was happening to me and when it stopped working I started having horrible anxiety/panic attacks to were I was scared to go anywhere scared I wouldn't make it to the hospital or somewhere to get help in time so I just stayed home.i know that sounds crazy as I have just came 15 minutes from home and have sweaty palms and heart racing.I just took a fourth of a Ativan

• Posted

But the SSRI did make you 100% yourself before right? I'm just questioning antidepressants that they will help or not basically and I wasn't reassurance that they will make me 100% again

• Posted

Oh yes the Paxil me and my kids would get in the car and go on day trips just us now I can't go anywhere it seems lol

• Posted

That sounds amazing. I'm just getting home from some errands with my father and was huffing puffing cause idk about you but my anxiety is 24/7 and small things WIPE ME OUT and even when I'm at home "laying relaxing" my body and mind still don't relax

• Posted

Yes I am the same way and having a 15 year old and a 5 year old it is difficult to be tied down with anxiety
    • Posted

Thankfully only being 20 years old i do not have the responsibilities of kids but have work and school to which i have missed a lot of. Funny thing is i dont even have specific fears, i dont have social anxiety my anxiety level is pretty much constant and enhances upon waking up, thinking about it a lot and thinking about things i cannot do because of it makes me weepy. Just keep pushing Pam and keep me posted on how the 150mg is doing. My psychiatrist appointment is no until February 7th and I am going to make an appointment with my GP this coming week in the mean time to raise my dose from 50 to either 75 or 100, whatever she reccomends in the mean time. Feel free to message me anytime!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.