POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT SERTRALINE HERE!!!!!

Posted , 77 users are following.

Hello everyone, my name is Taylor and i was put on sertraline 8 weeks ago for severe anxiety, my story is posted in another dicussion just go to my profile if you wanna see it. I was on 25 mg for 4 weeks and I will be on 50 mg for 4 weeks tomorrow. These forums and the friends I have made on here have been a godsend. I wanted to open up this discussin board to those who have found success on sertraline and got back to their old selves. A lot of us on here need the encouragement and I felt if you all could flood this discussion with positive stories it could truly help a lot of people. I know a lot of people when they feel better they leave this site, hopefully there are at least a few that can shed light. Thank you all and remember. KEEP FIGHTING, i am also here for anyone who wants to talk. 

12 likes, 176 replies

176 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Taylor. Thank you for your message. I am now on day 6 of taking Sertreline and I must admit my concentration levels and get up and go has improved sooo much. I am still feeling very dizzy but It is expected as a side affect. Generally I feel so much better than what I was and feel the strength to carry on. Keep your chins up guys. Things can only get better x
    • Posted

Glad you are feeling better Aaron, thats amazing you are seeing such an improvement in only 6 days as most people dont see any at all until a month. Keep pushing on. Hugs. 
  • Edited

Hi taylor41, I too am on sertaline. I was on it before a few years ago for GAD and it helped me so much. Think I was on 100mg/150mg in the end and because I was feeling better I just come off it, no side effects but not recommend. Anyway September the anxiety has come back to bite me on the bum and it has lead to feeling very low too. I tried different herbal remedies, hypnotherapy but was still waking up with the anxiety and butterflies in my stomach, lost of a stone in weight too and I'm only small. I spoke again to my dr who told me to get back on the meds, I was so scarred to take them this time, I think it was my anxiety playing tricks on me but I started on Monday on 25mg, so far I've had heighten anxiety and a few other side effects but just keep thinking it helped me last time so it's got to hopefully work again for me. My dr once me to up it to 50mg after a week on 25mg so I'm hoping I'll be ok. This is the first time I've wrote on these sites but your right they are a god send when people around you don't really understand what your going through or feeling. I have to try and be strong as I have 2 children and felt terrible I don't do anything with them, just so tired and no energy to do anything but I'm trying to be positive that I can get through it xxx

• Posted

Hello Michelle and welcome to the forum! For the past two months I have been lurking on this site reading everyone elses comments and thought why dont i just make an account and try and connect with others?! It has been amazing. I spend a lot of time on here and try to help others as much as possible as well as recieve encouragement from other myself. I am very happy to hear that sertraline has worked for you in the past! I too also feel terrible for my boyfriend whom (bless his heart) has stuck by me but i have really put a hault on our relationship cause i dont really leave my house. I feel terrible for what i am doing to my family and through this have actually found out who my true friends are. I hope sertraline works for you again and keep us updated on everything!! Hugs. 
  • Edited

hi everyone, sertraline has saved me from the depths of depression and anxiety, suicidal negative thinking, incapable of doing anything and not wanting to see, talk, or look at anyone or anything

it took a couple of months to work properly for me, but dont be disheartened by that;  some people respond quicker, and even if you dont - waiting a few months but then being met with feeling normal, healthy and well again is a great feeling and well, well worth waiting for

dont feel let down if it turns out that sertraline isn't the right med for you.  THERE IS NO RIGHT MED AND THERE IS NO BEST ONE.  it's all about trying as many as necessary until you find the one which fits you.  the important thing is to get on the path to recovery, and then keep going no matter what.  that way,  it's only a matter of time before you are well again.  depression and anxiety are NOT something u have to be stuck with for life, even if it feels like that when you are trapped in its depths

and finally, keep talking.  dont suffer in silence.   using forums like this one is also classed as 'talking' believe me.   i always feel much better when i get things off my chest.   dont hold back, and dont worry, everyone here knows what u are going through so no need to geel embarassed, regardless of male, female, young, old, etc

let's get well.   just saying those small few words is the perfect start to recovery.

• Posted

Thank you a new day. This is really helpful as i had a terrible night as i told gods servant above. May i ask what your dosage of sertraline ended up being? i have been on 25 for 4 weeks and 50mg for 4 weeks I will wait however long possible if it means that i will get better again. I am a lot better from where i started (very strong sadness and hopelessness and suicidal thoughts) all of that has subsided a lot but i am still left with saddness and very high anxiety which leads to me being so overwhelmed i just cry. It is hard to think positive when you are just so overwhelmed but i will keep pushing!
  • Posted

Hi Taylor, hope you are feeling a little better. I have been on sertraline for 2 weeks now and not feeling any better. I had the worst night last night couldn't sleep and stuck in a cycle of panic which still hasn't eased today. I'm so scared sertraline won't work and I'll feel like this forever. My doctor has told me to increase to 50mg from 25mg, bit he did say I should be seeing the benefit already which scares me that I haven't! Wouldn't wish this dreadful anxiety on anyone!

Sara x

• Posted

Hello Sara,

I am very sorry about what you are going through. 25 mg is actually a children's dosage and the starting adult dosage is 50mg. For me, 25 mg didn't do much at all, I had a honeymoon period where I felt good

For about a week then crashed. But I did wait a month until I increased my dosage because I'm sensitive to meds. If you aren't sensitive then I would try and increase your dosage to 50mg. I did see some improvement in my mood and depression, also my sleep and my taste for food has come back and appetite ever so slightly. I'm looking to increase my

Dosage since it isn't really touching my anxiety. We can get through this. Hugs.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Taylor, will increase my dosage to 50mg on Monday as suggested by the doctor and see how that goes. You sound like me in the way distraction helps, if I'm off out doing things I can feel relatively normal, yet if I'm at home or have nowhere to go my anxiety goes through the roof! I have lorazepam to take when needed but so scared of becoming reliant of it I rarely take it. I am also awaiting an appointment with a psychiatrist. Are you in the UK?

S x

• Posted

No I am actually in the US. Psychiatrists here are extremely hard to get ahold of or find a good one. I have an appointment with one on feb 7th and she's not that good so I'm trying to find another in the mean time and have been these past two months. A lot either aren't under my insurance, don't call back, are retired or aren't taking new patients sad

• Posted

That's awful Taylor, makes me so cross that mental health issues just don't seem to be taken seriously. Here in the UK my doctor has also referred me to a psychologist for some long term therapy but I was told the waiting list could be up to 18 months! So frustrating. This forum helps me to see I'm not alone and stops me ringing the doctors every 5 minutes!

• Posted

Hello Sara, yes fortunately I do have talk therapy but I don't think it's doing much for me. Only had 3 sessions but trying to hold strong. I noticed you were previously on another SSRI for anxiety before, did it help? Today my mind is so fixated on weather or not SSRI's will make me feel normal again.

• Posted

Oh my god, I just can NOT stay at home doing nothing all day, I wish I could I used to be able to before this illness, now no matter what , wind rain sun, tornado I have to get out for a few hours at least I have to be busy with somthing I enjoy, or the anxiety just flares up, then depression 😢. I like to be around people, don't like being alone for too long at all, makes me feel so sad at times. But that's life hay.

I'm trying to cut down my 50mg sertraline just so scary

• Posted

I live in the south in the us I am having a hard time finding a psychiatrist.They don't accept my insurance and for the first appt for 45 mins is $250 appointments thereafter are $150.It is so discouraging

• Posted

I am just sitting here crying now I am so tired of this mess
    • Posted

Oh Pam, today has been hard for me too, I am fighting back tears and am

Trying to manage dinner tonight. Remember you have been on medication before that has sorted you out, don't lose hope and let the Sertraline work.

• Posted

Would you like to private message Pam ??? I would like to talk to you but don't wanna drag this discussion out for others

• Posted

Sorry my bad, click the envelope next to my comment
    • Posted

Hey Taylor, I was on citalopram for 8 years and that seemed to work, although my anxiety was very much health anxiety then and this time it seems more general.... no idea why I feel so anxious and on edge all the time. I came off the citalopram in may and managed fine but was planning my wedding so my mind was rather busy! A month after the wedding the anxiety hit and I went back on citalopram but had to come off after 5 weeks as the doctor thought it was affecting my liver enzymes which showed up in a routine blood test. I went 2 months without anything but have reached the point where I can't fight this alone anymore so he put me on sertraline. Every day is such a struggle, I pray that sertraline will help!

Sending love x

• Posted

Hello Sara I know exactly how you feel, I wake up with anxiety lasting the whole day for no reason and have anxiety about my anxiety and wellbeing. I sometimes break down in dry retching and crying and my family

has to baby me. I'm looking to up to 100mg soon. Extremely nervous as tonight is New Year's Eve and my boyfriend wants me to go out with him.... I would've LOVED that before I was like this a couple months ago but the idea of that rn makes me SO ANXIOUS

• Posted

Hi taylor i was just reading through these posts and wondering how you are doing now???
    • Posted

Yes I was wondering the same. Hope for a positive story smile
    • Posted

Hey tony are you on zoloft too? Ive been on it for 4 weeks tomoz had small improvements but still so anxious. Want to get back to work and get my life back and worried i never will
    • Posted

Hello all,

Yes I am SO much better than I was, I got my appetite back and my weight. I was able to move out of my toxic household and am now in university. I am now on 200mg of sertraline as it only started making a difference at 150mg. I also take buspurone which has helped a lot. The medicine will not completely rid you of anxiety or bad days, I still have bad days, had a spell of three days of them a couple weeks ago even. But on the medicine your mind is sane enough to make the right decisions to calm down. I still have little tweaking to do in terms of my remaining anxiety, I would love to use exercise and staying busy to rid the rest. PUT YOURSELF IN A POSITIVE ENVIRONMENT! That's a huge factor. I'll be honest it took many months for me to get my life back, do I feel like my old self? Idk, I honestly don't know what that feels like anymore but I'm sure very close to it. Get a hobby, be around supportive people, eat whenever you can and sleep as much as you can, melatonin has helped me greatly with that. Try to stay away from benzodiazepines, cry if you need to but not too much. Keep faith, some days I feel emotionless but caffeine helps with that. Everything will be ok, don't completely rely on the medication. Find a doctor you trust, I went through one psych who had no empathy and tried therapy and I was not into it, everyone is different but I finally found a good empathetic one that cares for my well being. Much love ! Xoxo -taylor 

• Posted

Oh thats great hun. So happy to hear that. Ive only been on zoloft for 4 weeks ive been eating more and sleeping more. But still cant go back to work or leave the house much. Still have a cry everyday feeling like im never going to get my life back. When did you start to feel some real improvement on zoloft???
    • Posted

Hello Trudy! Yes I'm on Zoloft now after 10 years on lexapro. I just started my 4th week and I think things are improving but it's hard to tell sometimes. My anxiety and depression seem to rise and fall by the minute sometimes and I'm just holding out for the fact that everyone on here keeps saying that it can take from 6 to 8 weeks. I have my wedding coming up soon so I'm really hoping that is the case. Have you practiced breathing exercises? It doesn't always work for me when my symptoms are bad it can be really helpful sometimes just to have 5 minutes of relief. Keep fighting! We are stronger than we think for living with this

• Posted

Hello Taylor! Thank you for starting this post and for replying! It means so much. I'm so glad to hear things are better for you and you are correct about positive people. If it wasn't for my strong wife I probably wouldn't be here today. I have no doubt that these forums save lives and I've met the nicest strongest people on here.

• Posted

Thanks for replying tony. Im 4 weeks on zoloft today. Some improvement just want to be myself again
    • Posted

What dose are you on? I'm on 75 mg going to 100 tomorrow. I have random moments in the day when I feel good and other moments when I feel like I can't go on any longer with this feeling.

• Posted

Im on 100 only been on that for 5 days. And yeah im pretty much the same feelings wise. Do you think the zoloft will help us???
    • Posted

Hello Taylor 

I’ve been reading your forum

And I I know it’s been a while but I am about 6 weeks on 50 mg and still having bad days filled with thoughts of anxiety like you were about a year ago. How are you now? I love hearing positive stories. 

• Posted

Hi Jenna, 

I started Zoloft 3 weeks ago. 1 week on 25mg and 2 weeks now on 50mg. Definitely still bad days. Very blah. No interest in anything or anyone. I replied to Courtney below with a little back story. 

I noticed 15 days ago you posted, how are you feeling today? 

*Brandi

• Posted

Hi Brandi, I’ve relaised your post was 2months ago,m and I’m wondering how you are doing now? I’ve been on sertraline 50mg for 5weeks and still really struggling in the mornings just feel really sick and anxiety is through the roof, I start to feel better as the day goes on it’s just the mornings that I find so hard, please write back would really appreciate some feed back.
    • Posted

Hi Leo - thanks for reaching out. 

Yes, I would say the first 6-7 weeks were the worst for me on 50mg. So bad that I needed to go on clonazepam. I took a .5mg and broke it in half. Took .25mg in the morning and .25 at night. Thsi is the lowest of dose for clonazepam so I’m not worried on getting hooked. This helped a lot. I found I had to do this until my body got used to the sertraline. Also, it took my body 9-10 weeks before I felt any better. Last week I increased to 100mg as my anxiety was still there. Since increasing I’m taking .25 clonazepam again until my body adjusts. 

I never felt sick so I can’t comment on that. Are you thinking 50mg is the dose you want to stay on? 

Are you talking with anyone? Are you meditating? Self help books? 

I never thought I would be the person to meditate or read self help books but they have helped a lot!! 

• Posted

Thanks so much for your reply really appreciate it, it’s so nice to hear that you are feeling better, do you take your sertraline in the morning or evening? I take mine at morning, well I’m hoping to stay at 50mg because I’m scared of going up because I suffered so bad with side effects in the first 2weeks so I’m frightened of that happening again 😔 just want to feel myself again. Yes I’ve started meditating too and like you I never thought I’d be that person either but I find it really helps. 

• Posted

I’m better than I was beginning of January (bed ridden) but definitely such a bumpy ride. Coming to terms that anxiety is part of my life and I can’t let it control me is kinda hard!  

I take mine at night - I tried taking in the morning but felt drugged. 

Honestly, if you’re not apposed to it, talk to your Dr about clonazepam. Like I said, .5mg (the lowest ever dose) and you split the pill in half. Dr’s aren’t that willing to prescribe it but it literally saved my life while transitioning mg doses. I was afraid of feeling paralyzed from it cause I didn’t know what to expect. But heck it helped me go back to work and be around people. 

Since the dose is so low it doesn’t effect my concentration. Doesn’t make me extremely tired and I can still go about my day. 

However, since starting sertraline, I haven’t had a decent night sleep. I’m up every night between 4am-6am and just lay in bed. That’s definitely not me! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.