Post gallbladder nausea

Posted , 4 users are following.

a year ago i had gallbladder out - it was giving me pain sporadically but i had nausea quite a lot. Scan showed some stones and fatty liver so i went ahead and had it done.   Now im not so sure it was a good idea.   I am still having nausea frequently on waking, it dissipates usually as day moves on and i can eat at night and feel normal.   I also have ibs which i am attempting to help by using low fodmap diet just now.

i would like to know if anyone else has nausea for some time after the operation.  I am careful to stick to a bland diet but i am finding this causing me to be depressed and anxious.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I followed a low fat diet and slowly upped my fibre intake two weeks after surgery and diarrhoea vanished! Sounds strange as you'd expect the opposite from fibre rich food but it soaks up the excess bile apparently. So I advise slowly introducing whole meal bread instead of white and eating lots of baked potatoes, baked beans, vegetables and a little fruit to your diet. Avoid fried and fatty foods. Basically eat as healthily as you can. Hope this helps!

• Posted

Hi, i have been put on low Fodmap diet to trial to see what may be causing the ibs d and the morning nausea.  All the items you are taking are banned from this diet to start with,  ut can be reintroduced as the weeks go on.   This is to see if you are intolerant to wheat, gluten or lactose.   It is a very restrictive diet but hoping it will be worth it. When the brown bread is reintroduced along with baked potatoes etc. A. Iew will be taken as to whether diet is a factor in all this.  You are lucky you found the right diet so quickly.

Strange how some get on well with wholemeals and others dont.   All i know is that i wish i hadnt had my gallbladder out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.