post LP headache for 3 weeks now.how long did yours last ?

Posted , 10 users are following.

hi i had a LP done 3 weeks ago today to test for meningitis came back clear Lp was a bit difficult because they tried 3 times i had whats called a bloody tap anyways ive been having headaches ever since the LP like a pressure feeling in my head and also ringing in my ears.ive been back to the hospital multiple times and they said oh it will pass and even did an mri of the brain but that came back okay just found a pineal gland cyst and partially empty sella which they said nothing to do with the LP anyways my back pain has returned 3 weeks into recovering from it. it's not a full on as when I had it done but definitely worrying me a little. did anyone have these symtoms last 3 weeks ? I feel like im never gonna get better and also saw maybe a blood patch would work but dunno if it would now thats its been 3 weeks gone. some advice please sad

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had a spinal tap last Tuesday and the headache and nausea since have been out of this world. I am so thankful I am not alone.  I have always had migraines but this is completely different. What can I do to help ease the pain?
  • Posted

Thought i would give an update 8-9 months later i am finally feeling back to normal!!! thought the day would never come.xx
  • Posted

Hello,

I had my LP in November (6 months ago) and I am still unfortunately having back pain at the injection site as well as Sciatica as a result of the resident digging around my spine for 3 hours and damaging my nerves. For the ringing in your ears maybe try seeking out an ENT and see if they can offer any answers/solutions. Also for the pressure in your head I would ask your doctor to make sure you don't have a CSF leak from the LP. I'm really sorry to hear you're still having pain but I hope you have better luck than I do and make a full recovery!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.