Post menopausal bleeding

Posted , 25 users are following.

Help! I'm 57 and have not had a period in 3 years. I had a yeast infection I believe for one week. Itchy like crazy and then yesterday started spotting. Light pinkish. Still happening today. I've been googling the subject to death and am convinced I have cancer. Seeing GP next week. Has this happened to anyone. ??

1 like, 220 replies

220 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm 55. 5 days ago I started having the dark brown discharge. I'm post menopausal for 2 years. Sometimes its pinkish, but mainly this brown dead blood gunk. I rang my Dr yesterday and he asked me to come in and referred me straight away for an emergency appt with a Gynae. I'm not going to worry, I refuse to as I want the strength (I have very little because of other health issues) to deal with whatever it is at the time.

• Posted

Hi I'm new on here and I need some help I think I may be postmenopausal. I'm so scared cry all the time and I go light headed most of the time. I don't go out because I'm frightened please can anyone help me. So sorry I feel so embarrassed because I just don't know who to turn to.. Thanku so much

• Posted

Janice I'm going through the exact same thing! The light headed and sometimes right down dizzy and panic and anxiety throw the roof, bloated lower stomach and heavy full feeling b rest and in Sonia legs get feeling numb and fingers, crawling feeling (I hate it) I have actually naked my clothes off thinking some bug was crawling on me, and itching all over the body, hot flashed , raced heartbeat . Palps  and all of sudden I feel SCARED TO DEATH! Nightmares when I do sleep, crying spells are horrible and feel depressed constantly and feel I'm too old to exist and feel hopeless completely hopeless I have no zip and keep myself homebound and feel like everything I do is wrong , fuzzing thinking, internal shakes and I just turned 61 my last period was July 2016 but my body feels like its going to start again at any time, my stomach feels like its a bloated sow (lower stomach)  and anyways the horror list goes on. PLUS fighting Divierticulisis flares left and right and so SICK of antibiotics  OGH yeah I also have horrible thoughts that are very depressing and scared like your too old your life is about over, nothings going to get better , you have no upper teeth because you can't get them , you old ugly worthless piece of well whatever word you want to fill in there is fine. My family hates me, my kids hate me and my stresss level at home is in over drive, since the death of my husband I just went downhill like someone gave me the biggest push. Well sorry but thats just the way I feel about myself and what I'm going through. I thought I was post menopause in 2016 but the bloodworm showed I wasn't and had to take all kinds of embrassing test (All was good) She said that I may even have another period but so far no and that was July 2016 . I was 59 years old then. well this old complaining homebound old woman is shutting up for now. PLEASE know though you are not alone and maybe you can share more detail like when was your last period, age and how long you been fighting symptoms...

• Posted

over look all misspelled words and typos, apple with its auto correct is crazy !
  • Posted

Hi 

I had a polyp removed in April & a D&C as my womb had thickened, I started bleeding again in August, had another internal scan today. I was informed my womb lining had thickened again & there was something on my cervix, this could be another polyp.

As anyone else had this in such a short space of time, I have had period pains for several weeks & severe swelling of my stomach.

Can any one help is this normal 

• Posted

Hello, I am 2 years post menopausal. I started bleeding on January 1 of this year. Two biopsies later, I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer on March 8. I had surgery (total hysterectomy) on May 2. Prognosis was Grade 1 (lowest grade, very slow moving), and Stage 1a (lowest possible stage). Surgery was all that was required. I am feeling great! Good luck to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.