Post Menopause Benefits? Anyone?

Posted , 16 users are following.

I am wondering if there are any benefits to menopause other than than the obvious.Can anyone offer encouragement from the other side?

How will we all feel better if we have no estrogen , progesterone, etc. left.I guess it is all of the highs and lows that create the discomfort. Do women in the late 50 and 60s feel much better? I'm sure there will be a whole host of other issues but just feeling normal again would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

3 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi all im ten years post at 52..periods stopped at 42..no real symptoms till i hit post,, vertigo migraine anxiety and sleepless nights were my main things that troubled me for two years..6/7 years of feeling good again.then bam came back..my dr explained post is the rest of your life.symptoms can come and go..i find stress does not help.my bones ache a lot more especially in mornings but i think thats age related as well.still get bouts of horrendous anxiety especially health..but ive always had that on and off all my life..menopause excuberates any underlying issues you have most defiantly especially anxiety..for me post was worse as i never knew i was peri..no hot flushs sweats etc..periods just stopped.my mum was the same.just really look after yourselfs.be selfish.learn to say no.this is the most massive transition ever and should be taught about in schools like puberty and pregnancy so future women are prepared somewhat ♥️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.