POST Menopause Hell Anyone?

Posted , 20 users are following.

Hi, All these post are about PERI-menopause. Any ladies out there still dealing with these awful symptoms in POST menopause.I know I can't be alone!

No period going on 12 months

51 Years Old

Just had all my lab work done. All came back perfect including the CA-125 which was 6

FSH 108.4

LH 51.9

Amylase 98 (Doctor said nothing about this but isn't this high)?

Lipase 27

Hot flashes (I can tolerate this)

Nausea (I CANNOT tolerate this)!!!!!!!!

Brain Fog (Feels like I am constantly hung over)

Ache in upper right shoulder blade (comes and goes - feels like muscle but who knows)

Energy level is fine

I have this feeling of dread like this is something more than hormones and have cancer lurking somewhere. Can hormones really take you down like this?

4 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi..my periods stopped when i was 42..no symptoms at all.im post meno nine years and have found this period worse ...i have never had hot flashes but have suffered dreadful health anxiety..insomnia especially this last year...my dr said you are post menopause for life and sadly a lot of symptoms will come and go..he still sees women in their 80s with hot flushs

..i tried hrt but it put me in hospital..they were concerned about my bones as i was so young..i hate feeling anxious all the time although my insomnia has gone and ive slept every night for a couple of mths i was experiencing sleeping every other night..it was awful..my opionion post menopause is worse than peri or meno...

• Posted

Me too. Two years since last period, past two months had the most awful low feeling and anxiety, no enjoyment in all the usual things (I mean, worse than peri and any other time). Excema and itching down below, hair very dry. I look awful and feel that the best has gone as well as all opportunities. Tried Tibolone twice but put on weight (absolute no-no) and more lethargic, gave up after a few months both times. Unsympathetic doctor and gynae says this is part of life, put up with it. Brain-wise, I keep doing ridiculous things like turning into a one way street. I really hate this.

• Posted

Good morning Ali. Yes, this sucks. My anxiety is at over the top especially lately . We had 14 family members lose EVERYTHING in this Camp Fire in Butte County.Thank God us meno ladies have each other. Everyone else I think, thinks we are crazy but I am finding out this is real s**t and it is so comforting knowing there are other's that are going through the same mess as all doctors care about is lining their own pockets, pushing pills and making us feel like we are nuts. Sorry, I don't even go anymore. I have had 2 doctors fire me (cancel) because they said there is nothing they can do for me and that it is all psychological!

• Posted

Hi Leisa, so sorry to hear about your family losing everything in the fire over there, it's impossible to imagine how that feels. I hope they find a way through this.

Yes it is bad for us. I just carry on walking 7km with a bit of running every day and trying to eat healthily but im sorely tempted to buy some oesteogen patches over the counter as i think theyll deal with the itching. and some symptoms, but should i really be self-prescribing? probably not! i have to say, the exercise is the most effective help so far. xx

• Posted

Yes Leisa

Post menopausal

and its the same sh&t show.

Actually worse for me when i entered meno.

your not alone

hugs

x0x0

• Posted

Do any of you beautiful ladies have these random aches all over that come and go?

One minute I have a pain under my left rib, then my right (and I can't even really call it PAIN it's more like a pinchy ache), then my right shoulder blade, yadda-yadda-yadda!

Tonight I am going nuts. Husband is done and with every little ping I am convinced this is much more sinister. I knew I was going through menopause as the hot flashes started and my periods were all wacked out. It's now been 12 months since I had one and up until about 3 months ago I was like "this is a piece of cake" then BAM! Nausea, Brain Fog, Mysterious Aches, Don't really care about eating (not that I have a loss of appetite food is just not interesting in fact nothing is). I am a clean freak and it takes an effort to convince myself to do anything!!

Help me here ladies. Are these feeling REALLY part of this flippen transition????

(and I am so glad they have these boards. If we all relied on what doctors lead us to believe we would all in a nut house together as I swear they either don't care or just don't care to listen)

• Posted

^ Meant to say husband is GONE (lol). See...........can't even type straight anymore!

• Posted

You are describing in your words!

I'm so totally over this menopause thing...i just want to get off! Today is such a day where I just want to creep under the covers and not do a thing, but am at work, feeling sorry for myself and at the same time getting more and more anxious thinking, maybe it is not just menopause, but something else...imminent heart attack, stroke or maybe I'm going to pass out in front of my team....

Its just CRAZY how much the hormones can eff up with you!

• Posted

...describing ME I meant to write...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.