Post Menopause, irritation/soreness just inside Vaginal opening....

Posted , 18 users are following.

I am 4 yrs post menopause (56 yrs old).   In the past year, I seem to have developed an around just inside the vaginal opening at the bottom on both sides that is sore and feels like it's raw but it's normal looking.   It makes it uncomfortable to even insert yeast medication applicators.   

Is this something others have experienced as well?   

Is it part of Atrophy?

I can't use estrogen (high blood pressure) and wondered what other ideas are out there if this is part of Atrophy.

Thanks all....

0 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Try inserting a Vit E gelcap vaginally at night. Also coconut oil externally can help if it is AV. 
  • Posted

Ladys try the mutygyn gel, i had to stop using the vagifem due to side affects and discovered this. No more soreness and no more UTI sensation either.  Id put the link on hear but doubt it will be allowed so pm me for more details. I will try and add the link separately, if you see withheld then your know why! 

Sue x

• Posted

Susan, the product info says nothing about AV. Is that what you used it for, or were you getting infections? Also it doesn't sat mutygyn. 

• Posted

Beverly the link i gave was for multi-gyn  and yes i used it for vaginal soreness/dryness not infection.Zoom 

[Multi-Gyn Actigel (Previously Bio-Fem) 2][Best Seller]

[Official]

[Pharmacy product award]

Videos

[Multi-Gyn Intimate Hygiene for Women - Treatment for BV, Thrush and Vaginal Discomfort]

Multi-Gyn Actigel (Previously Bio-Fem)

• Posted

Beverly i used it for post Menopause, irritation/soreness just inside Vaginal opening which was the topic discussed and for me it really helped using the multi-gyn. I had no infection

Sue 

• Posted

Sorry  Beverly 2 attempts to answer you but both withheld!  

Sue 

• Posted

Susan, go to one of my messages and click on the envelope icon. That will enable you to send me a private message that no one messes with. (It would be helpful if there was an explanation of this like using the words or at least  letters PM. ) Personally. I am very tired of icons. It's like we are ancient Egyptians instead of a more advanced civilization that has a language with written words. But then I am old and old folks remember when life was not a digital guessing game. Enough of that rant!

• Posted

Beverly i see now some of my with held info had been shown hear, has this covered what you wanted to know? If not can you remind me of what it was, sorry im getting  forgetful lol 

Sue 

• Posted

Yes, I guess it was "under review". Apparently by "discomfort" they mean AV. I don't see how it can cure all those things unless what it actually does is change the PH levels. Many years ago I was given something called Acid-gel by a doctor, but I don't remember that it had an effect. Too long ago.

• Posted

Dear Toobusy

I have been following this site for 1 1/2 years.  It was reassuring that you are not alone. I too was diagnosed with vaginal atrophy the summer of 2016. I went to the Dr several times being prescribed yeast infection medication several times that didn’t work.   I also had symptoms of UTI and prescribed antibiotics for that even though I didn’t test positive. After 5 months of constantly burning  I was finally listened to by a nurse practitioner who prescribed Vagifem. I used daily for 2 weeks then twice weekly. I felt human again. Even though I felt 90 percent normal I still wasn’t sold. I did my own research on the Mona 

Lisa Touch procedure. I started in September and my third treatment was completed in December. Now I am feeling totally normal. And I stopped Vagifem when procedure treatment started. The Mona Lisa was totally life changing. Not covered by insurance and I’m thankful I am able to afford the treatments. I have to go yearly for a touch up. Very very thankful.  Just know that you are not alone. 

• Posted

barb,

Can you tell us where you had it done? Last time I googled for my area I only found one doctor in a rather remote town, despite the state capital being a major medical hub with teaching hospitals.

• Posted

I have deep burning in the vestybule. Sex has become impossible. Ive tried pelvic pt, ointments, estring, amitryptyline, nothing helps. Looking in to mona lisa, its really my only hope.
    • Posted

Jenny, it sounds like you have vulvodynia (of which vestibulodynia is a form). It is a disorder of the nerves, a type of neuropathic pain, which is notoriously difficult to get rid of. If you look at my post “how I cured my vulvodynia” you will se how I and other women have managed to become pain free.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.