Post nasal drip/ Globus sensation

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm at my breaking point.

Ive had this globus sensation ( post nasal drip for about 2 years on and off now. have tried almost every technique such as nasal spray, nasal wash, steam, hydration, etc.

but i always end up trying to spit out my mucus because i cant swallow properly causing me to gag/ feel sick.

my throat sometimes feel very tight that i cant swallow my own saliva, and releasing mucus is my only way of coping with it( which is digusting , and i cant do in public.

PLEASE does any one know anything i can do to make this easier. i cant live like this because im always on public transport, giving speeches for work, and need this gone ASAP.

PLEASE SOMETHING THAT WORKS.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

If you still need help try getting your doctor to prescribe you an antihistamine. it helps relax the throat. once you get relaxed pick up a hobby that keeps your mind busy. go out with friends have a couple drinks. your feeling will get less and less and few and far between. hope it helps

• Posted

is anyone still around here? i had an endoscopy a year ago where i was intubated and pretty much ever since then i have the horrible feeling of thick mucus in the back of my throat, especially if i eat anything, Ill start producing nonstop phlegm i have to hack up for hours. i have acid reflux as well, i cant tell if the phlegm is coming from post nasal drip or my lungs, although ever since the endoscopy intubation whenever i yell or laugh, i start coughing phlegm from my lungs. in the morning i always have thick green phlegm. i have that feeling that was described here.. that im jealous of normal people i look at who dont live with the feeling of thick mucus stuck in their throat 24/7. this is driving me up the wall. i know its not in my head, if i shine a flashlight in my mouth i can see the thick white mucus in the back of my throat.

• Posted

Any luck recently anyone? I have had this for close to 10 continuous years now without a single minute of relief. I am 24. It is driving me insane. Doctors have been pretty unhelpful, nasal sprays and rinses have no effect. I also have retrograde cricopharyngeus dysfunction (I cannot burp). I swallow a lot of air while trying to swallow the mucus that is stuck in my throat, this air is then trapped in my body and as I cannot burp it is very uncomfortable. I am seeing a new ENT who seems promising. He is pretty convinced that what I have is related to reflux (which I do experience frequently and often severely). I have tried a proton pump inhibitor with no luck. I am wondering if it is related to Helicobacter pylori.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.