Post op Anti Inflammatories After THR

Posted , 11 users are following.

hi,

are NSAIDs obligatory after the THR operation?

i would like to avoid if possible as previously these have triggered tinnitus.

can I manage with other pain relief (ie opioids)?

and if not NSAID's, what else is used for post operative swelling?

thanks,

lindsey

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I never got given ibuprophen after the last op just oramorph and co- codamol. Worked very well till my other hip collapsed 
  • Posted

Hi 

No you dont have to take Anti Inflammatories.   So many people are allergic to them. I was taking Naproxen before i had my THR so kept on taking it but tramadol was a NO NO it makes my loopy {loopiercheesygrin} others are contra indicated with other meds I take. So it depends on you, your body and other meds what you will be given and if its something that you dont like just say no......is there anything else??

Eileen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.