Post op hysterectomy issues

Posted , 6 users are following.

Had a total abdo hysterectomy 27/03 was home on 30th now 01/04 i have a uti and small pressure sore feeling very low and uncomfortable.

I make sure i get lots rest, drinks lots, keep taking pain meds but can only lay on back unable to roll on side yet. Dont regret op just hate feeling so rough.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi,

I also ended up with a small sore on one butt cheek! I used sudocrem and it worked really well and cleared up nicely. I totally sympathise though as like you I couldn't sleep on side so you're left with sitting and lying on your back where your sore is....

It does get better though. I think I was able to finally lie on my side after 2wks for a short spell but not al night.

Hang on in there 😉

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.