Post-op tips - Night-time Driving Glare Solutions

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi all:)

Thought I would start a thread for tips & solutions people have found after cataract surgery. Maybe others will add their own tips.:)

I found two solutions for night-time driving glare:

1. I found a "night visor" online at Amazon which has a good optic quality, grayish-clear polaroid looking visor that attaches to the normal car visor and flips down below, to provide an equivalent area with glare protection. It's not as dark as normal sunglasses would be at all, but really eliminates most of the glare. (It also has a yellow visor that's supposed to be for daytime, but I don't find it as effective as normal polaroid sunglasses, so rarely use it.)

Here's the Amazon title "Car Windshield Tac Sun Visor Night Anti-Glare - Zone Tech Premium Quality Universal Sunshade and Night Vision Anti-Dazzle Windshield Driving Visor". It cost $15 and was delivered free within 2 days.

Don't try the similar product advertised on TV as the "Battle Visor". They're a scam company, unfortunately. Never delivered product & I had to call my cr cd company to get the charge removed.

2)I add some pale turquoise sunglasses for the 2-lane road to my house, populated with lots of new cars with bright bluish-white LED headlights.

Between the two, I have little problem with glare anymore.:)

3 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Turns out that I misunderstood about the yellow visor. It's supposed to be for night vision. I didn't find it useful at first, but after a few months more healing time, it seems to work well at night. It does tint everything yellow, tho not too bad. I use that in combo with the blue/turquoise sunglasses at night now and use the gray tinted one for daytime.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.